S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

My S6 is here baby

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by noah123
ED,

Dying to see more feedback/impressions of the car?

Did u already put any paint paint protection and tint on the windows?

I have already lined up mine

cant wait to see pics from u

Enjoy the holidays
I want to floor it! It's very hard to not want to nail it! I was driving around my neighborhood and it surged again. It's a weird feeling. You'll press the gas, and it lurches forward. It's non-linear. It happens at low speeds when you intend to go slow. If you want to go fast, then the car wants to go fast, and everything is normal.

I have showed it to all my friends and family that have come over to my house. Everyone loves it. The number one comment that I hear is "look at those brake rotors!" The front (and rear) rotors are monsters. It's better to call them plates instead of disks <- My coin if this catches on.

3x I went to the car, started it, played with the *****, and shut it back off I'm silly about it. Tonight, after things settle down, I'm going to take it for a good ride. I have managed to put 95 miles on it, but I don't know how. Today, I found an excuse to go to the store. My wife noticed my more-than-usual acumen to get eggs

I've decided that the carbon look is polished. The polished carbon look works well with the other quality components. I've seen the flat carbon look, and for some reason I was expecting it. The holes in the seat are not a detraction which I thought might prove bothersome.
Attached Images     
Old 12-23-2012, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man i totally agree..When i first got my Genesis i took it for a long drive into Montana and then utah (state route 12). Playing with her on the back-roads was so much fun.. I wanna do it again...hehe

I have to go in this week and finalize lease/buy!! Man this is a tough decision.. I am not sure what i would feel when i first step on the gas pedal and when i first see her...

Anyway it seems a lot of people are buying the S6 than leasing, is that right guys?

Ed-It looks like u r planning on keeping it for 3+ years, is it?
Old 12-23-2012, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by edporsche

I've decided that the carbon look is polished. The polished carbon look works well with the other quality components. I've seen the flat carbon look, and for some reason I was expecting it. The holes in the seat are not a detraction which I thought might prove bothersome.
I like the carbon too...Totally agree...I think the other options that AUDI had was not even worth it given the black/silver interior...That red strip of light around the start button looks awesome

Last edited by noah123; 12-23-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're spot on w/ the tranny issues at low speeds, I stopped using it in comfort mode as it was way too jerky and unpredictable and now just run it around town in individual w/ all set to dynamic except air suspension. It's still a little unpredictable but far better at maintaining the right gear. The combo of S-tronic suboptimal gear selection and a turbo is sometimes painful lol. All in all I love the car 95% of the time though.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took delivery of the car before it was completely clean. Yesterday, I took a few pics after they spent 2 hours cleaning it up. It's much cleaner now. It looks awesome. I want to drive it everywhere. Due to the brakes and transmission, it's developed a "personality." Today, I drove our new Q7 and it was like a "normal" car. The S6 is like a race-breed car with personality.

I have 376 miles on the car, and I accidentally got on it once. I was able to back out before it hit the red line. I can't wait for the thousand miles. The owners manual wants the car to get to normal temperature before spirited driving, and it's true! When it first starts up, it does act up kinda.

I'm going to upgrade the rear speakers and add some more bass. I'm keeping my eye on other things, but I'm probably going to drive it as is for a while. I definitely want window tint (ceramic) on it soon.

It's dirty today and it needs to be washed.
Attached Images     

Last edited by edporsche; 12-29-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Very nice Ed. I'm happy for you. She's a beauty.

Shut off that monitor and go out for a drive...
Old 12-29-2012, 10:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Awesome...I am pretty sure pictures dont do justice to this car

If its not too much to ask then can u please post a pic of the front and the back with the S6 badge clearly visible?
Old 12-30-2012, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by edporsche
...and I accidentally got on it once...
Accidentally... yeah, right

BTW, sweet car.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

ED, car looks really nice -- enjoy it!
Old 01-01-2013, 09:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

F*ing awesome car brother, I test drove one and was ready to walk off the lot with it (long story why I didn't), I saw that carbon interior in a S8 they had on the showroom floor and it was stunning. Definitely getting that on an ordered one, great review, I can hear the excitement in your voice, loving it and the pics, V/r, Tim.