S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Need Wax Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by ccap
I also used the wax to do my wheels. The brake dust is crazy and I figured it might help.
The wax will not reduce the brake dust much but helps it to come off when washing (I use Sonax Wheel Cleaner). I've been using Armor All Wheel Protectant which does a decent job keeping the brake dust down. It puts a vinyl-like coating on and a $6 bottle (Wal-Mart) will do about eight wheels and lasts a few weeks, even with washes.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
The wax will not reduce the brake dust much but helps it to come off when washing (I use Sonax Wheel Cleaner). I've been using Armor All Wheel Protectant which does a decent job keeping the brake dust down. It puts a vinyl-like coating on and a $6 bottle (Wal-Mart) will do about eight wheels and lasts a few weeks, even with washes.
Thanks. I'll have to try this out.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Agreed. Between Sonax and the Armor All wheel protectant, I can basically remove all brake dust without even scrubbing. The Sonax is simply amazing. Expensive, but amazing. Don't know how I went this long with out it. Just bought the 5-liter jug from Amazon to refill the squirt bottle.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

I actually use Dawn dish detergent on wheels and tires only. I put a squirt in a bucket and then wash the wheel with a grout sponge from home depot and a wheel brush for the barrel of the wheel. Gallon of Dawn costs $5 and lasts forever. It takes the brake dust right off with a gentle swipe
I just recently bought 22ple wheel coating and am going to apply it this week on my new wheels to see how it works. Supposed to be a semi-permanet coating that lasts 2 yrs http://www.detailedimage.com/22ple-M...P683/20-ml-S1/
Old 08-05-2013, 04:55 PM
2013 Audi S7 owner

I just posted an update to my experiences thus far with Gtechniq:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=49

The start of that thread (with more photos) is here:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2845170

Randy
Old 08-05-2013, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Pip_SG
Congratulations

I highly recommend Swissvax CrystalRock ...

My ride after 1 layer of application

Looks Stunning. Which black is that? It looks too deep not to be Brilliant Black.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by donaldp
Looks Stunning. Which black is that? It looks too deep not to be Brilliant Black.

Thanks

It is actually Phantom Black ... the wax does give it a deeper shade ...

the overcast weather when the pic was taken probably helps too ... haha ...
Old 08-06-2013, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Although technically not a wax, I can vouch for the 22ple coating. I'm not sure how user-friendly it is as i hired a detailer, but I am going to attempt to use it on the wife's car soon.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Zymol
Old 08-07-2013, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

i have been a fan of the Klaase products for quite some time. A few coats of sealant glaze last a long time compared to most other waxes or sealants i've tried. Klaase is an acrylic sealant.

Quick Reply: Need Wax Recommendations