S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Need Wax Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's only one. Zaino Z2
Old 08-08-2013, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ///M Traitor
Although technically not a wax, I can vouch for the 22ple coating. I'm not sure how user-friendly it is as i hired a detailer, but I am going to attempt to use it on the wife's car soon.
It's super easy...I did it for the first time without any issues the other week. Did a quick wash, decon and then claybar and then put on the 22PLE. Goes on as easy as waxing. The only frustrating part was the applicator pad, although a super thin foam, still absorbed a ton of the product.

The first pass of the sponge had some friction to it and did not go on as smoothly as the Youtube video they have posted as to application. I think if I wrapped the sponge in some cotton makeup applicator it would not have used as much product.

Once you let it cure for a few minutes, you can wipe it off easily with a microfiber towel...It comes right off without any pressure...I haven't seen my car in a few weeks so I'm anxious to see what a few weeks of curing have done to the paint job...
Old 08-09-2013, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Decim8r
It's super easy...I did it for the first time without any issues the other week. Did a quick wash, decon and then claybar and then put on the 22PLE. Goes on as easy as waxing. The only frustrating part was the applicator pad, although a super thin foam, still absorbed a ton of the product.

The first pass of the sponge had some friction to it and did not go on as smoothly as the Youtube video they have posted as to application. I think if I wrapped the sponge in some cotton makeup applicator it would not have used as much product.

Once you let it cure for a few minutes, you can wipe it off easily with a microfiber towel...It comes right off without any pressure...I haven't seen my car in a few weeks so I'm anxious to see what a few weeks of curing have done to the paint job...
Awesome, can't wait to try it! I'm going to use the optimum hyper polish spray after I clay the car... Then the 22ple.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ///M Traitor
Awesome, can't wait to try it! I'm going to use the optimum hyper polish spray after I clay the car... Then the 22ple.
You would want a completely clean surface of all oils or product so you need to do a 50/50 ipa and distilled water to wipe down the entire car before 22ple. After the 22ple you can do the hyper polish spray but it's really not necessary at all
Old 08-09-2013, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Deazy
i have been a fan of the Klaase products for quite some time. A few coats of sealant glaze last a long time compared to most other waxes or sealants i've tried. Klaase is an acrylic sealant.
Agree, good stuff. Two applications a year is all I need.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Has anyone tried the nanoskin products yet? I've been Clay Magic fine grade blue clay for a few years and was curious if any of you guys have tried the nanoskin and could comment on it?
Old 08-10-2013, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Harsany
There's only one. Zaino Z2
I have been using the Zaino products and they are really good. Initially, claybar (claybar made a substantial difference even on my new car), then Zaino 2, gloss enhancer spray, an occasional coat of Zaino 5 if i have the slightest scratch from a cloth, one you can only see down low and on an angle and it goes away, and to get an amazing even better shine before going out, the Grand Finale spray.

I have been buffing cars lately (very fun) I have done my truck, BMW I just sold and a few of my friends cars and for the final step I have been using the Zaino All in One which is a cleaner wax. Also looks great! Or another I have used and like is the Wizard sealer. Wizard products are good too. I really like the Wizard Mist and Shine detailing spray

Dennis