S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Ordering a new 2016 S6, Anyone seen an order guide with prices yet?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering a new 2016 S6, Anyone seen an order guide with prices yet?

I went to the dealer this weekend to order a new 2016 S6. Unfortunately the order guide he gave me was for the 2015. When I called he said he'd send it to me Monday. I've found the new order guide for 2016 on this site but not with prices yet. Audi USA's website hasn't updated for 2016 yet either.

I'd really like to know the price point since I'll definitely want the Prestige and Sport packages since those were essentially included in 2015.

The sales manager told me he had an allocation for an A6 he got about a week ago and was willing to re-spec it for my car. I'd like to use that allocation and not have to wait but I'd really like to know the price point first too.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Nope, no pricing yet. If dealers are starting to get allocations though it won't be long.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

They are letting dealers place the orders in the system (I'm waiting to get my build week any day now). I'm surprised pricing isn't out yet; should be out any day now.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by amelen
They are letting dealers place the orders in the system (I'm waiting to get my build week any day now). I'm surprised pricing isn't out yet; should be out any day now.
FWIW I ordered my S6 in Apriil of 2012 and pricing wasn't released until July. Dealers can place orders in the system without prices since it's just a place holder for allocation.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RobC
FWIW I ordered my S6 in Apriil of 2012 and pricing wasn't released until July. Dealers can place orders in the system without prices since it's just a place holder for allocation.
I believe dealers already got allocations. The factory stopped making 2015's in early November - everything coming off the line now is 2016 models. First few batch's are going to the EU (they get them earlier than us). Considering dealerships are promising March deliveries, I hope they have pricing very soon.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

I spoke with the sales manager at my dealership this morning. He re-spec'd a '16 A6 allocation he got about about 10 days ago for my s6 order. We agreed on the price he based on the '15 S6 configured the same way (prestige and sport different packages on the '16).
Old 12-29-2014, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by amelen
Considering dealerships are promising March deliveries, I hope they have pricing very soon.
July release pricing for the 2013 was just shy of 3 months before delivery. Now makes sense for March release.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Another question about the order process. The sales assoc. sent me an email this morning and confirmed with me that my S6 order had been placed "in the system". When I was at he dealership to place the order the sales manager told me he had gotten a 2016 A6 allocation about 10 days prior and that he could change the order to re-spec it for my S6 order.

I guess my questions are about where do I stand now in this process. The sales manager mentioned something about a consignment number that would be issued when I spoke with him over the weekend. I asked the sales assoc. when I would get a consignment number - and he responded "when audi issues it". Is it issued when the order is entered in the computer at the dealer level (I understand this can be done without an allocation) or when audi accepts the order? I want to make sure this whole re-spec'ing an existing allocation is and smoke and mirrors act.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 725 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by neddy191
Another question about the order process. The sales assoc. sent me an email this morning and confirmed with me that my S6 order had been placed "in the system". When I was at he dealership to place the order the sales manager told me he had gotten a 2016 A6 allocation about 10 days prior and that he could change the order to re-spec it for my S6 order.

I guess my questions are about where do I stand now in this process. The sales manager mentioned something about a consignment number that would be issued when I spoke with him over the weekend. I asked the sales assoc. when I would get a consignment number - and he responded "when audi issues it". Is it issued when the order is entered in the computer at the dealer level (I understand this can be done without an allocation) or when audi accepts the order? I want to make sure this whole re-spec'ing an existing allocation is and smoke and mirrors act.
It's called a COMMISSION number, and it's assigned to every order entered into the AIM system by a dealer. If an existing dealer allocation order was re-specc'd to your ordered configuration and it's status changed to a customer SOLD ORDER, then it will have a different commission number than the one attached to your original order. You need to ask your ABS for a copy of the VEHICLE BUILD ORDER that should show the commission number, all configured options (both factory and port installed), your customer information (name, address, etc), and the order's current status which will change as it moves through the system to final production, and post assembly transport. Once the order is released into the factory order bank, you will see estimated/actual dates for production, inspection and release from factory and port of departure ship loading. I received these Vehicle Order updates from my ABS every week or two until my A8 was released from its POE here in the U.S.

If they tell you they don't have or can't give you these vehicle order updates, then that's BS; it's done all the time.

Last edited by derfA8L; 01-03-2015 at 08:47 AM.
Old 01-03-2015, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

I got the COMM # for my order from the sales manager a few days ago (my ABS seemed green and couldn't answer a lot of my questions about the order process). He also signed me up for Audi's owner in waiting email updates. My understanding is that US spec 2016 S6's haven't started production quite yet but S6 orders will likely go into factory order bank within the next week or 2. My wait begins. It will be worth it once it gets here.

Quick Reply: Ordering a new 2016 S6, Anyone seen an order guide with prices yet?