S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

S6 release date

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GiantEli
I wonder what all this means for those of us with cars on the way. It wouldnt be far-fetched to see a scenario in which they're held at the port.
My build date has not changed since it was originally quoted. Our dealership was told nothing of any delay for either of their two cars.

I believe the quotes of March are for cars that are outside of the original dealer allotments.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by GiantEli
FWIW, my dealer went way over their allotment and as far I as know, all of those orders had production dates that didnt cause concern.

He said they kept putting orders in, because, well, why not? The factory kept accepting them.
Crazy, like I said, I called in today and was told they called and confirmed the original date. Specifically asked about the delay and were told "no delay."

I have no idea the idea of March, just means I won't have to worry about my current 18" winter wheels off my S6 fitting this one. The brakes seem to have a different offset from pictures online and I don't want to preemptively buy a set of winter rims figuring they don't fit.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by The-Noid
Crazy, like I said, I called in today and was told they called and confirmed the original date. Specifically asked about the delay and were told "no delay."

I have no idea the idea of March, just means I won't have to worry about my current 18" winter wheels off my S6 fitting this one. The brakes seem to have a different offset from pictures online and I don't want to preemptively buy a set of winter rims figuring they don't fit.
I dont know about everyone but I got the first S6 allocation that my dealer had. He showed me the inventory for S6 and S7 on the west coast and its pretty clear to me that all orders are delayed. He even showed me that mine is the first S6 that was ordered in the state...

Now for people who might have ordered somewhat before July or so might get lucky since they put their orders way before anyone of us...

All the best to everyone but the bottom line is that most of our ORDERS are going to be DELAYED...Of course there are exceptions to everything which is where the early movers will get lucky
Old 09-07-2012, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with Noah. I'm looking for other cars again. Too bad. I'm going to cancel tomorrow. I'm looking at Cayenne S, E550 4Matic, or CLS550 sedan. Kind of a strange mix I know. Mercedes is not too sporty, but still cool. My front runner is the Cayenne S. I started negotiating today. I really wanted this S6. Oh well.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S4 to S6
ok - some new info - mine is in port now and still scheduled to be at the dealer week of 9/17. They have another one in transit arriving the week after. They said they put in 2 more orders - and they are currently scheduled for March delivery! I'm within 2 weeks hopefully - so now i'm starting to get very excited. Anyone receive theirs yet???? I want some reviews! My info is from Audi of Mendham in NJ
Hopefully that means mine is still the week of 9/17 as well. I left a message with my salesman and hope to hear back soon. I know the car is built and should have been on a ship to the US, hopefully it docked today as per schedule. We shall see...

I was hoping to take the car to the Audi corral at Lime Rock Park for the Grand-am race. Would be nice to have it for that on the 29th.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hate hearing these issues. Has anyone got a good answer why there is such a delay? Has the car been delivered to any Europeans? (pics please!)
Old 09-07-2012, 11:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by S4 to S6
Hate hearing these issues. Has anyone got a good answer why there is such a delay? Has the car been delivered to any Europeans? (pics please!)
According to my dealer, one of the suppliers for engine parts (probably the crankshaft) had a fire and therefore cannot deliver the parts on the scheduled time. Hence, Audi will stop the production for 6 weeks, between early October to mid November
Old 09-08-2012, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by K91109
According to my dealer, one of the suppliers for engine parts (probably the crankshaft) had a fire and therefore cannot deliver the parts on the scheduled time. Hence, Audi will stop the production for 6 weeks, between early October to mid November
I wonder how true that statement is since the A8 with 4.0T is popping up all over the country...
Old 09-08-2012, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by noah123
I wonder how true that statement is since the A8 with 4.0T is popping up all over the country...
Actually, while they are the same engine, they are different. Different codes and some componants. The engine code for the S6/S7 is CEUC while the code for the A8 is CEUA. The code for the S8 is CGTA.

The hp is the same between the S6/S7 and A8 engine but the torque raises from 405 to 443.

The only true fact I know of is in my order guide it states at the top; "High demand for the S6, S7, S8 models has increased delivery time on these models. ETA's will move up once capacity has been increased".
Old 09-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an S7 which is confirmed delivered to port in Halifax Canada.
It was scheduled to be put on train for delivery to my town yeasterday. Delivery is ETA sep 26.
I heard same news for S6 as well. My dealer Is getting two S6 both are sold.
I ordered dealer allocation early April.

Quick Reply: S6 release date