S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

S6 release date

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 03:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by noah123
S6 is here guys,,,Checked cars.com inventory..Audi of Alexandria--- Great news
I ordered mine 7/28, and still I don't have any dates. I think my dealer is screwing me. I have fleet pricing, plus owner loyalty. They can make more money with someone new off the street. How do I call AoA and confirm/deny my suspicions? I'm tired of the antics, and I'm thinking of dropping my order. Any ideas I would appreciate.

The last correspondence was: We don't have any dates yet, but we think it's somewhere between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I think that's BS.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by edporsche
I ordered mine 7/28, and still I don't have any dates. I think my dealer is screwing me. I have fleet pricing, plus owner loyalty. They can make more money with someone new off the street. How do I call AoA and confirm/deny my suspicions? I'm tired of the antics, and I'm thinking of dropping my order. Any ideas I would appreciate.

The last correspondence was: We don't have any dates yet, but we think it's somewhere between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I think that's BS.
That's y I said in my earlier posts that dealers are not trustworthy. My dealer too said the same thing as yours. At this point I don't think we can do anything but wait and be exploited further by the dealer. Keep a close eye on cars.com inventory list. This should give us a fair idea of how much inventory is being shipped in a given time

wait is killing me
Old 08-20-2012, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

S6 is here guys,,,Checked cars.com inventory..Audi of Alexandria--- Great news
Something tells me that if you were to inquire about those cars, you'd get "well, they'll be in end-september".
Old 08-20-2012, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cars.com lists an S6 at one of my local dealers. The one I've ordered mine from said that the other dealer's S6 won't be in until the 31st (the other dealer lists the VIN). My dealer also said they have an S6 coming in on the 31st. Mine is due in port on 9/26 to arrive 10/8. I'm not sure why mine is so far out since I ordered in April!

EDIT: The car arriving on 8/31 was a "market introduction vehicle" that dealers get that were put into production in March. I take this to mean that most (larger?) dealers will get an S6 to show at the end of this month.

Last edited by RobC; 08-21-2012 at 03:55 AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RobC
Cars.com lists an S6 at one of my local dealers. The one I've ordered mine from said that the other dealer's S6 won't be in until the 31st (the other dealer lists the VIN). My dealer also said they have an S6 coming in on the 31st. Mine is due in port on 9/26 to arrive 10/8. I'm not sure why mine is so far out since I ordered in April!
Something is fishy.. This reaffirms my belief that the dealer will do everything they can to boost their own profits. Once they have locked us in with a deposit on a car like this which has to be pre-ordered there is hardly anything we can do but be exploited

Man i seriously need some positive energy now from somewhere, anywhere
Old 08-20-2012, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RobC
BTW when i confronted my dealer with the S6 availability info with other dealers, he immediately told me that my car is already in build state since Aug 8th. Makes me wonder if I should believe him
Old 08-20-2012, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

BTW when i confronted my dealer with the S6 availability info with other dealers, he immediately told me that my car is already in build state since Aug 8th. Makes me wonder if I should believe him
My understanding is that the first set of "dealer configured" cars will be on a boat such that the chicago arrival will be around 9/27. That boat first stops in NY/NJ, so it's conceivable that a dealer on the east coast could see cars up to two weeks prior to that. So, I would believe statements from dealers on the east coast that claim deliveries in the second half of next month.

On the ordering side of the equation, all "orders" placed before early July weren't really orders, but either "pre-orders" or just nonsense. Dealers couldn't place orders in the system until the "pre-order" date, which if I recall correctly was on or about 7/9/12.

They did, however, have information about their allocations, which they were free to offer to customers. So, say your dealer knew they were getting 5 cars in the first shipment, they could earmark one for you, get your desired config, and put the order in that way once they could, on or about the 9th of July. "Ordering" in March just means that you were early in the running for an allocated car.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Or maybe they're just aloof. Deposits are refundable, by the way, even if the car is sitting in the dealer's lot - right up until you sign the paperwork. If you don't like them, take your business elsewhere!
Old 08-20-2012, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by edporsche

I think that's BS.

They might not be feeding you a line of BS. I went in June 23rd and had the order changed to what I wanted. They ordered another S6 a day or two after that and the salesman said they still don't have any info on when that car will be produced or delivered.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mnsnwbrdr
Or maybe they're just aloof. Deposits are refundable, by the way, even if the car is sitting in the dealer's lot - right up until you sign the paperwork. If you don't like them, take your business elsewhere!
Deposits to secure allocation are refundable(i.e. between the time the dealer has been given the allocation and before the build has begun).

However once your car that you have specifically ordered has started being built then your deposit is non refundable because the dealer is ordering the car to your taste and not everyone would want to buy that..

Many times if the build of the car that you have ordered is pretty simple/generic then the dealer is ok with a refundable deposit. For a car as expensive as this , this usually is not the case

Quick Reply: S6 release date