S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

S6 release date

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 11:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I guess there might be some cynicism, my fears are grounded in recent history/truth. These Audi dealerships don't have a lot of cars to play with. There are just a few of each car (except the A4/S4s all over the lot). Someone comes in off the street with full MSRP and no discounts...you get pushed back. I bought a '12 Q7 by ordering it. There were 0 on the lot. I just got it a couple of months ago. They said about 1/3 of the way through that it was going to be delayed 6 weeks. I told them to cancel my order and rebate my deposit. The next day it was back on the regular schedule. Coincidence?

One would think that buying a second new car from Audi in the same year would elicit an air of accommodation. Quite the opposite. I'm told one thing, and then it changes the next day. I was told I would find out by last Wednesday the dates, but repeated emails have not been replied as of Friday. I think it's BS and it's regular dealer meandering. I should have ordered from a different dealer. I was going to, but didn't. Now, I'm paying the price. I think people have hunches and more times than not, they are true or at least partially true.

Today, I called AoA. They told me that the dealer has more information then they do on specific cars ordered. That information is different than what I read on this website. Regardless, she couldn't tell me anything.

Tonight, I drove my 911s around with the top down. It was awesome. Maybe I should just keep my Jaguar XF/911 combo. That is nothing to sneeze at. It shouldn't be this hard with this much second guessing. It takes the fun out of it. I'm no longer going to send emails to the dealer with the constant disappointment. In a nutshell, it's not the German cars that are bad, it's the US dealerships screwing it up. /* Off soap box */ No, it's not all dealerships, but the ink in the water does have legs.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My dealer told me that the car arriving on 8/31 was a "market introduction vehicle" that dealers get to show prospective customers. These were put into production in March. I take this to mean that most (larger?) dealers will get an S6 to show at the end of this month.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RobC
My dealer told me that the car arriving on 8/31 was a "market introduction vehicle" that dealers get to show prospective customers. These were put into production in March. I take this to mean that most (larger?) dealers will get an S6 to show at the end of this month.
This is correct. My dealer kept one of their intro cars and sold me another. I expect to get a VIN next week (per schedule), be in production for 6 days, etc etc.

I have never encountered a car salesman (seriously) exhibit the manipulative behaviors people are talking about. I have, however, encountered misinformed, lazy, and/or stupid car salesmen. Not that I have a dog in this fight, but be careful not to confuse the two types of people.

I have been getting updates whenever my sales rep does. This has not happened often, as there just isn't a lot of information to share. I presume that once production ramps up on 13s, we'll all feel a lot better.

My dealer (in Chicago) expected to get in the neighborhood of 20 S6's this year, with 8 in the first set. I know of 4 sold, not including the first-to-land floor model. This doesn't scream "in high demand" to me.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GiantEli
This is correct. My dealer kept one of their intro cars and sold me another. I expect to get a VIN next week (per schedule), be in production for 6 days, etc etc.

I have never encountered a car salesman (seriously) exhibit the manipulative behaviors people are talking about. I have, however, encountered misinformed, lazy, and/or stupid car salesmen. Not that I have a dog in this fight, but be careful not to confuse the two types of people.

I have been getting updates whenever my sales rep does. This has not happened often, as there just isn't a lot of information to share. I presume that once production ramps up on 13s, we'll all feel a lot better.

My dealer (in Chicago) expected to get in the neighborhood of 20 S6's this year, with 8 in the first set. I know of 4 sold, not including the first-to-land floor model. This doesn't scream "in high demand" to me.
You are blessed to have a good dealer
Old 08-21-2012, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

On a related note...

I ordered an R8 in 2008 from a dealer whom I got to put in writing that they would sell me the car at MSRP. As months went by, whenever I inquired as to the status of my order, I was always given the run-around and told it would be a few more months... Yet, when an aquaintence of mine went to the same dealer and asked about getting an R8, he was told they could get him a car rather quickly... but with a $25K "market adjustment" added on.

So, as with any car that is "hot" and in short supply, dealers will always sell to the highest bidder. Anybody that wants a discount will have to wait until after the initial hype is over.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Id that their allocation? No pics of the actual car.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Axxlrod
So, as with any car that is "hot" and in short supply, dealers will always sell to the highest bidder. Anybody that wants a discount will have to wait until after the initial hype is over.
Well said. I'm just going to drop all expectation. I'd feel better if they just told me. The run-around is the BS part.

BTW. I can't believe you have an R8. I'd like to trade my 911s cab in on one, but it'd have to be used. I would love to have an R8!
Old 08-22-2012, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by edporsche
Well said. I'm just going to drop all expectation. I'd feel better if they just told me. The run-around is the BS part.

BTW. I can't believe you have an R8. I'd like to trade my 911s cab in on one, but it'd have to be used. I would love to have an R8!
Just checked car.com inventory today...More S6/S8 popping up...Seems like a good sign to me
Old 08-22-2012, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by noah123
Just checked car.com inventory today...More S6/S8 popping up...Seems like a good sign to me
They are most likely popping up because they have the VIN, not the car. I just got my VIN today. The car is still in Germany. I think these are just unsold allocations where the dealer now has a VIN. If you were to check with them I would expect they don't have the car (my understanding is that any that are not in possession of AOA are still in port) and it will be delivered in late Sept.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Got my ETA from first week in Oct to Sept 17th for now..... getting close!

Quick Reply: S6 release date