S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Seat Kick Protectors

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Kick Protectors

Does anybody with kids have seat back kick protectors on their seats? My car is still a couple weeks out, and trying to pick up stuff before it arrives.

If so would you mind taking a pic.

Thanks!
Old 12-10-2015, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 51 Posts

BMW makes a really good backseat protector for dogs. It attaches to the headrests and forms a "bathtub" in the back seat. It has cutouts for seatbelts/child seat hookups, too. I think it would make a good, all-around protection solution for muddy feet, food spills, etc...

If the cutouts are only for the seatbelts, I'm sure you could cut your own holes for a child seat connection.

Looks like this:
Old 12-10-2015, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Holy crap that's crazy! That's like putting your kids in a cage. Haha!

I'm just looking for some half way decent looking seat protectors that will work with the Audi seats.
Old 12-11-2015, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by HiTEC
Holy crap that's crazy! That's like putting your kids in a cage. Haha!

I'm just looking for some half way decent looking seat protectors that will work with the Audi seats.

We have this exact cover for our dogs. Works great.

Kids are messy, dude.
This is a great solution. The sides zip out if you don't want the door covered.
Old 12-11-2015, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Does anybody with kids have seat back kick protectors on their seats?
I haven't seen any specific seat protectors but I have seen universal organizers that hang from the seat back that would both protect and gives the kids some pockets to store their stuff. Look for them on eBay to see the variety.
Old 12-13-2015, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

From years with my kids in the back of my A6 and in our Odyssey (still frustrated Audi doesn't make a proper van), I haven't seen any issues from the feet that hit the seats at times from a car seat. Maybe if it's muddy you'd have to clean the seat back, but that's it. If you want to protect your car, you definitely want to put something under a full car seat though.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anybody with kids have seat back kick protectors on their seats? My car is still a couple weeks out, and trying to pick up stuff before it arrives.

If so would you mind taking a pic.

Thanks!
Kick Mats by Freddie and Sebbie - Luxury Car Seat Back Protectors 2 Pack, Perfect Backseat Organizer and Seat Covers For Car, SUV, Auto and Child Safety Seat Accessories https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CASDZKC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_0wJBwbPFMJ7VZ
Old 12-13-2015, 08:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'll stop being irritating, but still, I do think the material is durable enough for a little kid to get their feet on it without damaging the seat. Now, if you have a light colored seat, I can see it, but otherwise, adding something like this seems a bit tacky for such a nice car. To each their own, however.
Old 12-14-2015, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Schalliol, I think you're right. I took delivery of my car on Saturday and now notice the back of the seats are covered with a hard plastic. I'm with you, and I'll just have to wipe them off on a regular basis.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I use the Britax Kick Mats (find them on Amazon) and they work just fine for keeping muddy prints of the seat backs. One thing to note: On the S6 with sport seats, there is no adjustable head rest to raise up so you can clip your protector around those chrome bars. You will end up clipping them around the narrow part of the top of the seat back.

Quick Reply: Seat Kick Protectors