S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Suspension VAG-CODES

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FAST4DR S6
Ride is not any different then before and if I need to raise it just switch it out of dynamic mode to comfort.
Good point!
Old 08-09-2013, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nope

It was all done by the shop computer, we just changed settings & calibrations. The stock OEM system was not physically altered (adding spacers), just inputs on a computer screen.

For me this was the perfect solution to give the car a lowered look while keeping everything stock.

Originally Posted by mirin S6
do you have any spacers installed?
Old 08-19-2013, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FAST4DR S6
It was all done by the shop computer, we just changed settings & calibrations. The stock OEM system was not physically altered (adding spacers), just inputs on a computer screen.

For me this was the perfect solution to give the car a lowered look while keeping everything stock.
Anyone want to try and crack the system for VAG users?

Assuming the hack would work for S6 / S7 users

I"m thinking we get 20 guys to put in $20

Make it some kind of X Prize

Winner gets $400 bucks, and we publish it to the forum for public use

Thoughts?
Old 08-19-2013, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by clintb
Anyone want to try and crack the system for VAG users?

Assuming the hack would work for S6 / S7 users

I"m thinking we get 20 guys to put in $20

Make it some kind of X Prize

Winner gets $400 bucks, and we publish it to the forum for public use

Thoughts?
Not even worth it. Several of us have tried. Im over it at this point.

Here ya go guys: 20103

Be careful with that. Dont do anything that requires you being towed back to the dealership.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperS4
Not even worth it. Several of us have tried. Im over it at this point.

Here ya go guys: 20103

Be careful with that. Dont do anything that requires you being towed back to the dealership.
As a data point for anyone who intends to mess with the suspension system:

The main problem is that when you try to change the reference height, the ECU will not accept the new values. If you clear all the adaptation values, then it it will accept the new reference heights, but other adaptation values get erased and it's not obvious how to reset/redo them. Once you're in this state, the only way to fix it is a trip to the dealer who uses the official Audi VAS system to redo the various adaptations.

An interesting side effect while in this state is that the shocks are set to their stiffest position, similar to cranking the rebound and compression up on an adjustable shock -- this implies that it might be possible to tweak the stiffness of your suspension.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

My service advisor called me yesterday saying they were finally able to accomplish the lowering on one of their salesman's S6. I'm booked to have mine done on Saturday. He quoted me an estimate of $250 since it took them close to 1 1/2 hours to do it.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Using the official Audi tool I wouldn't expect it to be so difficult nor time consuming. Or are you saying they did it with VDCS?
Old 08-21-2013, 04:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by RobC
As a data point for anyone who intends to mess with the suspension system:

The main problem is that when you try to change the reference height, the ECU will not accept the new values. If you clear all the adaptation values, then it it will accept the new reference heights, but other adaptation values get erased and it's not obvious how to reset/redo them. Once you're in this state, the only way to fix it is a trip to the dealer who uses the official Audi VAS system to redo the various adaptations.

An interesting side effect while in this state is that the shocks are set to their stiffest position, similar to cranking the rebound and compression up on an adjustable shock -- this implies that it might be possible to tweak the stiffness of your suspension.
This would be awesome. However, it'll probably take some time for people to figure out how to do this.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
My service advisor called me yesterday saying they were finally able to accomplish the lowering on one of their salesman's S6. I'm booked to have mine done on Saturday. He quoted me an estimate of $250 since it took them close to 1 1/2 hours to do it.
You're getting screwed. My dealership lowered my car in 20 minutes for free and offered if I wanted to lower it more I could just come back. I lowered it by 10mm.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Max the system will allow you with the Audi Shop tool is 17mm. That what I had the do and it looks so much better

Originally Posted by Harsany
You're getting screwed. My dealership lowered my car in 20 minutes for free and offered if I wanted to lower it more I could just come back. I lowered it by 10mm.

Quick Reply: Suspension VAG-CODES