S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Suspension VAG-CODES

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 03:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FAST4DR S6
Max the system will allow you with the Audi Shop tool is 17mm. That what I had the do and it looks so much better
Just wondering, instead of lowering all modes (Auto, Comfort and Dynamic) by 17mm ... would it be possible to just lower the Dynamic mode by 17mm.

I kind of want to have the current comfort mode ride for when I want to have a more relaxing/quieter drive.

Does lowering alter the damping behaviour of various modes ?

Currently the comfort mode not only rises the suspension, it also soak up bumps much better than in dynamic mode.

Cheers
Old 08-23-2013, 09:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Pip_SG
Just wondering, instead of lowering all modes (Auto, Comfort and Dynamic) by 17mm ... would it be possible to just lower the Dynamic mode by 17mm.

I kind of want to have the current comfort mode ride for when I want to have a more relaxing/quieter drive.

Currently the comfort mode not only rises the suspension, it also soak up bumps much better than in dynamic mode.

Cheers
+1
Old 08-24-2013, 03:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everything works the same, only difference is that your starting baseline is 17mm lower then before. Other then that, all settings and modes are the same.

Originally Posted by Pip_SG

Cheers
Old 08-24-2013, 05:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by FAST4DR S6
Everything works the same, only difference is that your starting baseline is 17mm lower then before. Other then that, all settings and modes are the same.
I'm aware of the baseline shift by 17mm

What I wanted to know is if I can lower JUST the Dynamic mode by a further 17mm ... leaving Auto and Comfort at stock suspension levels ...
Old 08-24-2013, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just had it lowered at dealership. No charge. Asked if this can be done in dynamic setting only. We looked at basic settings and adaptation settings, but baseline height can only be set for all modes and cannot be defined as different for dynamic only.
Attached Images   
Old 08-24-2013, 06:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
Just had it lowered at dealership. No charge. Asked if this can be done in dynamic setting only. We looked at basic settings and adaptation settings, but baseline height can only be set for all modes and cannot be defined as different for dynamic only.

Looks great !

Thanks for the info.

Shame we can't just do it for the dynamic mode.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dr. Chill,

Had the feeling you were in South Florida, wondering which dealer you had this done?
Old 08-25-2013, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by nischal
Dr. Chill,

Had the feeling you were in South Florida, wondering which dealer you had this done?
I had it done at Braman in WPB, but it was very easy. Any dealer can do it. You just have to go into the the air ride control module and lie to it. They have to measure all 4 corners and add (yes add, not subtract) 16mm or 17mm (can't remember which) to each number while in automatic mode not dynamic and follow all test plans. Apparently 18mm is beyond Audi's preset safe range and the computer will not allow lowering below 17mm. Took about 20 minutes. The shocks in Comfort setting seem softer than in Dynamic, but still firmer than before the car was lowered. So if you like retaining the full comfort how it is now, then lowering may not be for you.

Last edited by Dr Chill; 08-25-2013 at 05:39 AM.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I had it done at Braman in WPB, but it was very easy. Any dealer can do it. You just have to go into the the air ride control module and lie to it. They have to measure all 4 corners and add (yes add, not subtract) 16mm or 17mm (can't remember which) to each number while in automatic mode not dynamic and follow all test plans. Apparently 18mm is beyond Audi's preset safe range and the computer will not allow lowering below 17mm. Took about 20 minutes. The shocks in Comfort setting seem softer than in Dynamic, but still firmer than before the car was lowered. So if you like retaining the full comfort how it is now, then lowering may not be for you.
Does Dynamic feel like it is any stiffer?
Old 08-26-2013, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Not really.

Quick Reply: Suspension VAG-CODES