S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Suspension VAG-CODES

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Harsany
...I just want one height please!
...and that height is "low"
Old 05-28-2013, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Harsany
My car is in dynamic all the time. It goes up and down like a hooker at Mardi Gras. It's down most of the time, but when parking or backing up it goes up. I can hear the bladders release air when the car is shut off and then it lowers. I will park the car in the garage and the suspension is up a bit, then in the morning when I go out it's down. I just want one height please!
Well yeah, the car adjusts to the vehicle weight constantly. When I put a ton of crap in my trunk from Sam's Club you could hear the bags inflating to keep the height the same as it was when empty. It changes when you put occupants in the car as well.

The car settles in the garage or when parked for a while. Its a really smart system.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Any progress on this by chance?

I have a 2013 S6 with 19" wheels which I need to raise very slightly (like 5mm) in order to clear the frontend of my driveway reliably when pulling into the garage. (It's a steep grade - the majority of the time it's a non issue, but if I'm a little off angle or going a little too fast it can rub slightly)

I'm experienced with VAG-COM but am out of luck without the Security Code. Anything I can do to help?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 06-18-2013, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cgilbert
Any progress on this by chance?

I have a 2013 S6 with 19" wheels which I need to raise very slightly (like 5mm) in order to clear the frontend of my driveway reliably when pulling into the garage. (It's a steep grade - the majority of the time it's a non issue, but if I'm a little off angle or going a little too fast it can rub slightly)

I'm experienced with VAG-COM but am out of luck without the Security Code. Anything I can do to help?

Thanks,
Chris
You know there's an option in MMI to raise the suspension from the stock setting, right?
Old 06-19-2013, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
You know there's an option in MMI to raise the suspension from the stock setting, right?
That's a really good idea since you only need the additional height while pulling into your garage.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Are you referring to the "raise" option in the Car menu?

I'm aware of that (and am using it) - honestly I leave it raised during all of my city driving anyway since we have some pretty gnarly potholes around here.

I don't think I've even attempted to park it there in "lowered" mode.

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
Old 06-20-2013, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by cgilbert
Are you referring to the "raise" option in the Car menu?

I'm aware of that (and am using it) - honestly I leave it raised during all of my city driving anyway since we have some pretty gnarly potholes around here.

I don't think I've even attempted to park it there in "lowered" mode.
I dont know if you should be driving it in the "raise" mode all the time. Technically, if you're in comfort or auto, youre in normal mode. When you put it in dynamic, it automatically lowers you 20mm. So I would recommend putting it in auto mode on a daily basis.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I drove mine in raised mode most of the winter, due to the snow accumulation and generally awful roads. No apparent harm was done and I didn't see any warnings in the owner's manual.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HyperS4
I dont know if you should be driving it in the "raise" mode all the time. Technically, if you're in comfort or auto, youre in normal mode. When you put it in dynamic, it automatically lowers you 20mm. So I would recommend putting it in auto mode on a daily basis.
While we're on the subject...

Should alignments be performed on our preferred setting? My previous car was a Cayenne S with air susupension and the recommendation from the SA and forum members was to have it aligned at the setting I liked and drove in the most.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by S6Express
While we're on the subject...

Should alignments be performed on our preferred setting? My previous car was a Cayenne S with air susupension and the recommendation from the SA and forum members was to have it aligned at the setting I liked and drove in the most.
I just talked to my best guy in service and he said the manual states alignments should be done in auto mode. However he personally does them in the mode the driver uses most.

Quick Reply: Suspension VAG-CODES