S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Throttle delay...lag...whatever, is driving me nuts.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by maherladki
Is this TSB corrected by any tune from APR or GIAC or is it something that still needs to be done at the dealer?
Good luck with that question. We've not yet identified *WHAT* is done by the TSB, let alone how it meshes with 3rd-party-reprogrammed ECUs. There was some speculation that it modified the power supply controller - and if true that's probably something that SHOULD be done regardless. Nobody outside Audi/Bosch seems to know right now.

Assuming it's an ECU reprogramming (it might be ECU or TCU or both) then I'd expect it to get rejected by a hacked ECU and probably cause the infamous TD1 flag to be set in your "permanent record".

Several folks with reprogrammed ECUs say they don't have the "lag" issue, so decide for yourself... as far as I'm concerned, the jury is still out.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Glad to hear some of you are having luck getting this done even without the EPC DTC. Like I said, be polite but persistent, and you'd be amazed how far you can get.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon
Good luck with that question. We've not yet identified *WHAT* is done by the TSB, let alone how it meshes with 3rd-party-reprogrammed ECUs. There was some speculation that it modified the power supply controller - and if true that's probably something that SHOULD be done regardless. Nobody outside Audi/Bosch seems to know right now.

Assuming it's an ECU reprogramming (it might be ECU or TCU or both) then I'd expect it to get rejected by a hacked ECU and probably cause the infamous TD1 flag to be set in your "permanent record".

Several folks with reprogrammed ECUs say they don't have the "lag" issue, so decide for yourself... as far as I'm concerned, the jury is still out.
Thank you Richard. I am still waiting and loosing patience about this tune thing. Best is to find someone with a tune and compare this throttle delay. Anyone in Socal with a tuned car that is willing to demonstrate?
Old 06-25-2014, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Thank you Richard. I am still waiting and loosing patience about this tune thing. Best is to find someone with a tune and compare this throttle delay. Anyone in Socal with a tuned car that is willing to demonstrate?
Maybe I'm missing the point - I thought you wanted to get tuned and were debating before/after the "fix"?

Personally I believe we'll only figure this out when we get several before/after VCDS Auto-Scans.... and without that, folks won't know if they have "the fix" or not.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

As Richard said, maybe a tune fixes the issue, maybe it doesn't. But a tune's not going to bring BACK the delay that had been eliminated by the TSB. SO why not just go get the TSB and then worry about a tune after you've had a chance to drive the "improved" stock car?
Old 06-26-2014, 10:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by nobbyv
As Richard said, maybe a tune fixes the issue, maybe it doesn't. But a tune's not going to bring BACK the delay that had been eliminated by the TSB. SO why not just go get the TSB and then worry about a tune after you've had a chance to drive the "improved" stock car?
This is what I think I will end up doing if I can convince the dealer to get the TSB. I was just curious to know if the tune also fixed this lag issue from people who have gone that way thus eliminating my visit to the dealer asking for a favor.
Old 06-27-2014, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Tune does not fix the lag....
Old 06-28-2014, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RobC
Tune does not fix the lag....
Thx Rob. I'll report back after I get it done with the result of the TSB on my car
Old 06-28-2014, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

The service director at my dealer is taking it to the top at Audi of America to see if I can get the update. Don't know if that will work though. I wish they would just do it but they swear the computer won't let them.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MalibuCANE
The service director at my dealer is taking it to the top at Audi of America to see if I can get the update. Don't know if that will work though. I wish they would just do it but they swear the computer won't let them.
I hope it works. Please let me know if it does and which dealer you are using. I am planning to talk to a couple of them soon in Socal.

Quick Reply: Throttle delay...lag...whatever, is driving me nuts.