S6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi S6 produced from 2019

2020 S6 Order Guide USA

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2019, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
Here it is. Keep in mind that these are always subject to change and may contain some errors.
Can you speculate or perhaps do you know the following?

What is the MSRP of the S Sport Package?

What is the "Sport Exhaust" feature? What does it do? Is it configurable (for sound, I would assume) via the MMI?

What is the difference between the Sport Adaptive AIR suspension and the one noted as STEEL?

Much appreciated.
Old 09-05-2019, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

As with the c7.5 the air suspension adjust height and firmness. The steel will be the same all the time.

I would be surprised if the USA got the option.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 235 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by markcincinnati
Can you speculate or perhaps do you know the following?

What is the MSRP of the S Sport Package?

What is the "Sport Exhaust" feature? What does it do? Is it configurable (for sound, I would assume) via the MMI?

What is the difference between the Sport Adaptive AIR suspension and the one noted as STEEL?

Much appreciated.
Added updated order guide to the first post with pricing and updated description of the steel suspension.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

That's interesting about the steel suspension.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

The new S6, at its price point, seems to me -- a person who is very happy to have had 2 SQ5s and now a Q8 in the garage (all three of these vehicles being my wife's), but also a person who has never had an SUV or a CUV that I would call "mine" -- to be an attractive "car." I am concerned that it will be a slow/poor seller (and not just because it was decided to be diesel-only in Europe -- well, certainly in Germany). I believe we're (AGAIN) in the time between the parentheses, BEVs are "what's next" but the pressure to create them for the market seems to have gotten ahead of the technology a bit. The lovely e-tron (no sarcasm) we were "loaned" (in order for us to provide an evaluation) now for over 10-days was an eye-opener. We liked everything about it, except for the range and the time to re-charge. We even bought-in to the "BEVs are coming BEVs are coming" enthusiasm by having our three-car garage wired for 240V Level-two chargers (in two of the three bays). We bought the Juice Box 40 amp hardware (and it worked great with the e-tron) and we have been "poised to purchase" for about a year now (that Audi GT Superbowl spot was pretty convincing and way cool).

The e-tron Sportback, for me, seemed to be the best of both worlds (one world: SUVs another world: Sedans). The Youtube videos about the BEV Audis and the Taycan Porsche suggest they've found the cure for cancer and male pattern balding. Then the Taycan reviews start -- and, after expecting "big things" from Porsche (and by association, Audi), we were let down by (guess) range disappointment and longer-than-promised re-charge times despite the claims for 80% recharge times of 8-minutes (at 350kw). Meanwhile, with just over 20,000 miles on the wonderful Q8, a refill of $2.70/gallon premium juice shows an indicated 560 miles to empty and only requires about 5 or 6 minutes for the refill.

Yeah, yeah, I know the cost of the "equivalent" kilowatts would be less $ and there would be lower CO2 emissions, etc., etc., but there is a cost (in time), a huge cost that is only exacerbated by the e-tron's (and the Taycan's) range of 204 miles. I've translated the reviews of the Porsche and when you attempt to come up with what Porsche claims (in terms of range) to the EPA standard, well, you're back to the very low 200s, not north of 250 as was alluded to by early product announcements.

Then, at least as far as the Taycan is concerned, you'll have an MSRP (equipped as most folks like) north of $100,000 and with the performance version, way way north of $100K. The Audi e-tron GT wll surely be less money, but -- for what BENEFIT (other than bragging rights) exactly? No wonder the "financial experts" say lease the electric vehicles.

Meanwhile, Audi announces (for the North American market) a completely fine (and, for some, a wonderful) pair of "ICE Cars" the 2020 S6 and S7. A prestige version of the S6 with the "sport" package will come in at a small amount north of $80K and will perform very nicely, actually have/cause NO range anxiety and will be able to be refilled in a few minutes. The BEV, unless you JUST NOW acquired a 2019 "something" is still years away -- if you need a minimum range of 250 miles and a recharge time of less than 10-minutes.

Since we don't have four-wheel-steering in our Q8, we test drove one with it over the weekend and were offered about $5K off of the sticker of a Prestige model with the YR-1 package and a couple other nice to have options. Trading a '19 in on a '19 would be lunacy, but that isn't the point. The point is, although we're getting closer and closer to the reality of a "practical" BEV (see "increased range" and "shortened recharge time"), we're not likely to see Audi (or Porsche) offer one that isn't made of "unobtanium" for several more years.

Meantime, if you can STAND a sedan (apparently not many can anymore), you could very happily live with an excellent GT car like the new S6 or S7 and bide your time while all the range and refill time issues are addressed -- and you'll have a blast.

Unfortunately, the S's (unless they're SQ5, SQ7, or SQ8s) are likely to "rust" on the showroom floors (at least here in "the middle").

It's a pity.

Last edited by markcincinnati; 09-09-2019 at 11:10 AM.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Sq7 is coming.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by CHIO
Sq7 is coming.
My choice would, I think, be an SQ8 -- but then I have the personal issue of simply not wanting two SUVs -- currently, an S4 and a Q8 seem like things are pretty much "as they should be." But, I could be wrong.

My thoughts TODAY are that a 2020 S6 and a Q8 would be better than now even -- in short, the best of both worlds. The issue is, buy a new S6 and prepare for the additional sucking sound of its retained value going down the drain as, surely, no one will want an S6 in 2023 since it is neither a BEV nor an SUV.

I know, I know, first world problem.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having driven the current model A6 as a loaner and seeing the things i hated about that in the 2020 S6 design, im probably going to stay away.

The Aluminium strip lengthways across the dash is horrendous for sun glare and reflections - and the angled media centre permanent screen is a giant mirror when the sun hits it right. You cannot see - its horrendous.

Oh, and the sunroof. Audi has fully automated the split open positiion. In my current S6 I can open the roof to vent heat and choose how far open the manual sliding interior roof is. Not on the currently model. you cant. If you want to vent the roof, it determines how far open the interior sliding roof is and thats that.

Dont tell me what I want and where I want it.

Very disappointing...

But damnn the RS6 avant looks insanely good.
Old 09-21-2019, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Do you have an updated guide with pictures of the wheels?
Old 09-21-2019, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

there is no update to the order guide currently

Quick Reply: 2020 S6 Order Guide USA