S6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi S6 produced from 2019

Pricing on 2020 S6's

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2020, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by farmerjones
If you think Audi is going to match the BMW with a similar % of discount you can keep dreaming.....just go get the BMW. You are never going to buy a S6 that just launched at a big discount. BMW, however, will likely give their car away (as they continue to erode their residual values and destroy their own used car values at an unprecedented rate).
BMW also has their demo program, so you often find any level of car, cheap to expensive with nearly no miles and big purchase discounts, and still leasable. It remains an easy way for them to artificially prop up #s.

What you say about their preowned value is true, and it’s that continued reason why they lease relatively “well”.

At the end of the day, while cars in the same general category, they are very different cars. For better and for worse. $5k is not a small amount of money. Making a mistake costs way more. Not only in terms of loss of money but in time and the sheer inconvenience. Having owned so many cars over the years, it was never enough to sway me one way or the other. I learned my lesson. The best deal has almost nothing to do with price and everything to do with it being the right car for me at the time. Other people place a higher worth on the cash, and that’s fine too. For myself, I learned the hard way that the car I like more is always the better value, brand notwithstanding.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

+1
Old 01-09-2020, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

There's a $141K S8 Black, Black and Black Package on my dealer's showroom floor. All that is needed is a "gangster" (or Batman) to buy it. It is so monochromatic -- the full "murder" treatment. And, the thing is a LWB model. Where would you park such a monster?

I'm sure it will be a quick and fast and comfortable car.

I can't see it for $100K -- let alone $140K.

I'd rather have an SQ8 or an RS Q8.

I'm even wondering about the S6 I've ordered.

If that e tron SB had a range -- a real range -- above 250 miles, that would get my attention, though.

Makes me wonder about the Mustang mach e GT, which fully optioned is said to be just north of $60K.

I'm not suggesting there might not be "content" in the new S6 that somewhat justifies its cost -- it is just the total market has changed. Perhaps an updated S4 would be the ticket.

This is, perhaps, the end of an era -- get your sedan NOW for things are about to change so much that we won't even consider a 4dr sporty sedan at any price.
The following users liked this post:
bravo659 (02-07-2020)
Old 01-10-2020, 05:58 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

Yep I think the S8L will sell like garbage. Fantastic car, but who wants a long wheelbase supersport sedan at $140k. Very few. Wait a bit after that S8L sits on the lot they'll drop the price stupid low so someone will take it, but overall I think the S8L sales will be abysmal and Audi probably could care less as it will likely be abandoned altogether in the US sooner rather than later citing poor sales. Ha.
As you said RSQ8 or any new better ranged electric will reign supreme.
I think the S6 is a sweet spot, but I feel they watered it down too much this go around while keeping the price quite high. RS6 is another story, but the jury is still out on pricing $110? $130?
Plus the touchscreens everyone else wanted...bleh.....
Old 01-10-2020, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

The S8 has the shortest wheelbase of the cars immediately in its class.

Point to me any luxury brand at any point in time where their halo sedan sold well? It’s not a volume car - nothing by a major manufacturer at that price point is. Just like the lowest cars in a luxury brand portfolio, or the entry level (or couture) item any luxury brand makes, it seeks to keep people in the brand regardless of what vehicle type they are after.
Old 01-15-2020, 02:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by markcincinnati
Here in Cincinnati, the POSTED discounts are 4% -- and the ACNA discount is applicable on a new S6 and that is 6%. I have no idea if over 6% is possible, but I would imagine it is -- but you have to make a serious offer and they have to believe you can "get 'er done" -- showing a dealer the BMW price may help. I would hope it would.

If you are not in the ACNA you cannot simply join and boom get the 6% discount -- you must be a member for 6 months +1 day for that to kick in.
even having rhe ACNA membership doesnt guarantee the applied discount. Dealers can refuse it.
Old 01-15-2020, 02:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
The S8 has the shortest wheelbase of the cars immediately in its class.

Point to me any luxury brand at any point in time where their halo sedan sold well? It’s not a volume car - nothing by a major manufacturer at that price point is. Just like the lowest cars in a luxury brand portfolio, or the entry level (or couture) item any luxury brand makes, it seeks to keep people in the brand regardless of what vehicle type they are after.
The S8 is no longer a swb its a lwb
Old 01-15-2020, 05:59 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by bravo659
He knows he works/worked for Audi.
He's saying it is still shorter than an S class or 7 series BMW.
Regardless, I still say D5 S8L sells worse than MB and BMW and the D4 S8 in the US, since I can't argue it is not a volume car when they only sell 3k combined A8/S8 per year. China loves the long wheelbase so maybe it will sell there.
Too bad we may never know as Audi lumps A8 and S8 sales together. Maybe markcin can let us know when that $141k version moves and what the selling price was.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by bravo659
that’s my point - it’s a “lwb” and still is considerably shorter than the cars it competes against
Old 01-16-2020, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone driven both the 2020 M550i & 2020 S6? As far as press i've only seen the Euro S6 with diesel driven/reviewed and only the M550i with the lower hp

Quick Reply: Pricing on 2020 S6's