S6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi S6 produced from 2019

Remove exhaust tips?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2023, 04:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

i measured the tips on my car to make sure i was getting a similar size (and shape) and just started searching the web for exhaust tips. i specifically looked for tips to have welded on like the stock ones. i further focused on black ones only since that's why i was replacing them to begin with.
i settled on the "red tail performance" brand as i liked the specs on those oval ones i went with. i ordered through amazon just because it was super easy, but you can go straight through the company as well. i'm pretty satisfied with these (as long as your muffler shop puts them on straight!).
Attached Thumbnails Remove exhaust tips?-exhaust-tips.png  
The following users liked this post:
Unleaded20T (04-05-2023)
Old 04-24-2023, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dezurita07
i measured the tips on my car to make sure i was getting a similar size (and shape) and just started searching the web for exhaust tips. i specifically looked for tips to have welded on like the stock ones. i further focused on black ones only since that's why i was replacing them to begin with.
i settled on the "red tail performance" brand as i liked the specs on those oval ones i went with. i ordered through amazon just because it was super easy, but you can go straight through the company as well. i'm pretty satisfied with these (as long as your muffler shop puts them on straight!).
Thank you for the help.
Would like to find any other options out there.
Just received my 2023 S6 with Black optic package. Wish it would have included the badging and exhaust tips. Poorly thought out by Audi to offer a package like that but not include those items.
Old 04-24-2023, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Did you catch where those items weren’t automatically included in your order? Those are all separate add-ons with additional cost. Doesn’t always make sense, but that’s how they do it.
also, there is no option for black exhaust tips anyway. So that’s some thing. Every buyer has to take care of on their own after the purchase.
Can’t really blame Audi, you just have to be aware of what you want, what’s actually available, and what you have to do after the purchase before you actually buy something.
Unleaded20T (05-03-2023)
Old 04-24-2023, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dezurita07
Did you catch where those items weren’t automatically included in your order? Those are all separate add-ons with additional cost. Doesn’t always make sense, but that’s how they do it.
also, there is no option for black exhaust tips anyway. So that’s some thing. Every buyer has to take care of on their own after the purchase.
Can’t really blame Audi, you just have to be aware of what you want, what’s actually available, and what you have to do after the purchase before you actually buy something.
I certainly knew exactly what was and what wasn’t going to be black. Just a comment in general. As much as they charge, it would be nice if they could envision the entire aesthetics and sell it that way. My Porsche came that way as did my neighbor's BMW M5.
Nonetheless…I did take it to a muffler shop. He wasn’t certain he could R&R the tips properly and therefore not interested. I’ll keep searching.

Last edited by SCMomentum; 04-24-2023 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-24-2023, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Ah, I gotcha. Yeah I ageee. Would make TOTAL sense for Audi to simplify all the black accenting. All about money though I guess. Sneaky too how they don’t put all this detail on the website. They wait until you’re at the dealership actually putting your order in the system. 😂😂😂
SCMomentum (04-25-2023)