S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

Downshift issue looks fixed'ish... How about the off-idle hesitation?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Downshift issue looks fixed'ish... How about the off-idle hesitation?

I'm one of those following the board over the last year and the couple S7 issues reported by many have definitely made me take pause...

I see though that the clunky downshift issue has apparently been taken care of...that's great.

I assume that the off-idle hesitation issue described by many remains?

Thanks.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ddog9876
I'm one of those following the board over the last year and the couple S7 issues reported by many have definitely made me take pause...

I see though that the clunky downshift issue has apparently been taken care of...that's great.

I assume that the off-idle hesitation issue described by many remains?

Thanks.
Just had the recalls/TSB's addressed. Downshift issue is fixed. The off-idle hesitation remains. However, my wife's 2014 Cayman S with the PDK feels exactly the same. May just be the nature of the transmission? In any case, not a big deal to me. It is only an issue with very mild acceleration from a stop. Stomping on it fixes it straight away.....
Old 09-02-2013, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by mikemdd
Just had the recalls/TSB's addressed. Downshift issue is fixed. The off-idle hesitation remains. However, my wife's 2014 Cayman S with the PDK feels exactly the same. May just be the nature of the transmission? In any case, not a big deal to me. It is only an issue with very mild acceleration from a stop. Stomping on it fixes it straight away.....
Thanks ... maybe it's time I just pull the trigger on this thing.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ddog9876
Thanks ... maybe it's time I just pull the trigger on this thing.
Do it. You will not be disappointed. I like it more every time I drive it. The S7 is a completely different experience vs. the non S versions.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Have had mine 2.5 weeks love the weekends when i get to drive it have over 1200 miles already. Always looking for a place to drive it to. But once i get there i park out in the middle of nowhere, and someone always parks near me.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yes!

Originally Posted by mikemdd
Do it. You will not be disappointed. I like it more every time I drive it. The S7 is a completely different experience vs. the non S versions.
After 15,000 miles, still a thrill every time i push the button. No compaints at all. Go for it!
Old 09-06-2013, 03:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the push guys.

I think I'll do it and report back my option choices.

If you want to tell me what options you would recommend (at least the no brainers) feel free!
Old 09-07-2013, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I'm really enjoying the way the S7 accelerates from stop, whether easing out of my drive into the well-enforced 25 mph neighborhood or from a stop onto the highway. It's tough to describe, but at the lower speeds, it almost feels like easing off the clutch on a manual under a substantial engine--you get that smile-inducing throaty lift and awareness of the power as it grabs. So the hesitation (if it is there at all) is like the time you'd take to lift the clutch. Getting onto the highway, there's no noticeable hesitation. Ya just have to watch the speedometer, 'cause you're up to 90 in no time.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well I finally went in a got my K service. With that I had a few recalls worked on to include the adaptive steering and an intercooler guard install. I had to specifically ask for the TSB on the transmission (thanks to the posts here) to get it calibrated. Needless to say, the S7 shifts almost flawlessly now on Dynamic mode and in Sport Shift mode. The downshifts are much smoother and response time on acceleration from a dead stop is much quicker now compared to Comfort mode, and Dynamic mode prior to the TSB. I am happy. The steering feel after the update though seems too light on speeds below 40 mph. I wish they just left it alone. Hopefully if enough people complain, Audi will do another TSB for the steering to give Dynamic mode a sportier feel. Right now, below 40 mph, I feel no difference between COmfort or Dynamic mode.