S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

Highbeams Misaligned Relative to Lowbeams (LED Lights)_

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2021, 08:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Highbeams Misaligned Relative to Lowbeams (LED Lights)_

Hi everyone!

I have an odd issue I'm experiencing. On the right side of my car, the highbeam bulb (top right) is misaligned with my lowbeam (bottom right). See pic:

Note that the left headlight is properly aligned – the low beam intersects roughly at the same height as the high beam. Also, this pic is actually with the highbeams turned off. On the led lights, when on 'lowbeam' mode, you're actually using both the lowbeams and the highbeam turned to a lower brightness. When you turn on the "highbeam" mode, the same bulb that's already on gets brighter, and adjusts upwards.

In the below pic, the two bulbs on the right make up the lower right beam in the above pic, and the bulb on the left in the below pic (high beam bulb) makes up for the upper right beam (in above pic).

Any idea how to adjust the lowbeam independently of the high beam? I've already tried the vertical adjustment screw, but that moves both beams at the same time. Also, for what it's worth, I believe the highbeam bulb is actually adjusted properly since I can get it to the appropriate height within the range of the vertical adjustment screw. The lowbeam bulbs are just far too low.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Old 10-14-2023, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@woodepic I know this thread is a couple years old now but did you end up finding a solution to this problem? I seem to have the same problem (but not as bad) in my recently purchased 2019 S4 with Matrix LED headlights, where it seems the low beam (dipped beam) has come misaligned relative to the high beam. The local Audi dealer has quoted AU$10,253 to repair, which is to replace the headlight. Searching the internet only led me to this post. Has anyone ever opened an Audi LED headlight to see what kind of adjustments are possible inside? Thanks.
Old 10-14-2023, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey sorry, no solution. I recently sold the vehicle