S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

New S7 Daytona Gray Pearl Effect

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MalibuCANE
OK, thanks for the info. No way I'm spending $3900 on the custom paint so I guess I'll go with Phantom Black.
After months of checking out many colors (auid lot near my house) went with phantom black s7. Hard to top such a classic look.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:06 PM
CWK
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GTS00021
I believe that with Audis one can order almost any color even if not a standard color for that particular car. It costs more and may take more time to build from what i hear.
Before I learned how much it might cost, I was interested in getting Daytona Gray Matte (which is an RS 7 optional color) on a new 2014 S7. Question was moot, since I was told by the dealer that I could not get that color on the S7, and I would not want to pay $6K for a special color anyway. Settled for Oolong Gray Metallic.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Newby here and starting a build on an S7. In playing with the configurator, the Daytona Grey Pearl is a color option on the A7, but not on the S7. In fact it's the ONLY color not available. Does anyone know why, and does this mean I'd have to pay big extra to get it on an S7 ???
Old 12-24-2013, 08:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by doogiedoc
Newby here and starting a build on an S7. In playing with the configurator, the Daytona Grey Pearl is a color option on the A7, but not on the S7. In fact it's the ONLY color not available. Does anyone know why, and does this mean I'd have to pay big extra to get it on an S7 ???
Unfortunately, Daytona Gray Pearl is not offered standard on the S7. I personally liked the color more than all the others offered on the S7, so I stepped up and paid for it. Was it worth it? IMO, yes - it's gorgeous and based on the number of compliments I receive at every gas station and store parking lot, others feel the same way. Good luck!
Old 12-25-2013, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Can you post a few pictures? I am thinking of going Audi exclusive to get this color
Old 12-25-2013, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

True, I am having a hard time wanting to spend $3900 on a paint charge.
What did you do with your interior seats and inlays?
Old 12-25-2013, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gmunford@b-m-d.com
After months of checking out many colors (auid lot near my house) went with phantom black s7. Hard to top such a classic look.
What did you pick for interior colors, seats and inlays?
Old 12-27-2013, 04:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks to OP's photos from this thread, I was lucky enough to zero in on a very low mileage CPO S7 in Daytona. Not sure I would have been as eager to pay the full upcharge on this color either, as all these A7's look spectacular. It was the first time a white vehicle was calling to me.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

I just ordered a Daytona Grey S7 on Friday. And here I thought I'd have the only one in Southern California- harummph! Maybe I should switch it over to Java Green instead ;-)
Old 12-30-2013, 04:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by A8Liter
I just ordered a Daytona Grey S7 on Friday. And here I thought I'd have the only one in Southern California- harummph! Maybe I should switch it over to Java Green instead ;-)
So long as you're not down here in San Diego your color should be fairly unique for S7s in your area. I still have yet to see another S7 in SD, even though I know there are others out there. However, I have seen a number of S6s on the road. And I know one Daytona Grey RS7 was delivered from each of 2 dealerships here in the past few weeks. Enjoy!

Quick Reply: New S7 Daytona Gray Pearl Effect