S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

New S7 Daytona Gray Pearl Effect

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A8Liter
I just ordered a Daytona Grey S7 on Friday. And here I thought I'd have the only one in Southern California- harummph! Maybe I should switch it over to Java Green instead ;-)
What did you pick for interior options?
Old 12-30-2013, 08:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jkozmo
What did you pick for interior options?
We went with the standard interior in black, carbon atlas inlays, driver's assist, 20" wheels, cold weather pkg, and rear supplemental airbags.

The 4 month wait is going to be especially tough on my wife since I already sold her S5. She'll be driving my Jeep SRT8 until it arrives, so at least she has a very fast ride in the interim!
Old 01-06-2014, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Beautiful S7 congratulations! I just picked up a 2014 S7 from Hoehn, gray with black optic. I was wondering if you were able to order yours with the front license plate delete or did you get it aftermarket? Thanks
Old 01-06-2014, 08:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sik sd
Beautiful S7 congratulations! I just picked up a 2014 S7 from Hoehn, gray with black optic. I was wondering if you were able to order yours with the front license plate delete or did you get it aftermarket? Thanks
That's funny - I was wondering if I would ever see you posting on this site after seeing and happening to be behind you twice on Saturday around here. I must say, I love the black optic - that was not a choice when I ordered my car in late 2012 and I have always had shadow trim on my other cars, so it would have been my preference. It looks really good on your Quartz Gray car. So to answer your question, I ordered my car with the front license plate delete - I personally don't like the look of a license plate on the front - it ruins the lines of the car. Unfortunately, I believe all the dealers in CA have no choice but to order unsold cars with front plates. There are bumper/grill plugs you can buy to fill in the holes that look decent - search the site here to find people talking about those.

By the way, if you service your car at Hoehn, be sure to always ask for Tony as your technician - he knows our car and engine better than anyone there. And if your car didn't already have the transmission software update, you should get it - like others on the site, it made a HUGE difference for shifting in sport mode and eliminated the main concern I had when I bought the car.

Enjoy!
Old 01-06-2014, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by gs4rx3
That's funny - I was wondering if I would ever see you posting on this site after seeing and happening to be behind you twice on Saturday around here.
Yes that was me. Funny thing is before bringing her home I had only noticed one A7 that I would see in Cardiff every once in a while. Since getting it and just this past weekend I saw yours, a black A7 and a white A7, all just on RSF road haha...

Thanks for the tips, I do not know if I have the tranny update or not so it sounds like a good excuse to take it in and check.

I love the car so far. I came from several BMW's and finally tired of their problems, moving away from being drivers cars, and THE WORST PAINT in the industry which drove me insane.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sik sd
Yes that was me. Funny thing is before bringing her home I had only noticed one A7 that I would see in Cardiff every once in a while. Since getting it and just this past weekend I saw yours, a black A7 and a white A7, all just on RSF road haha...

Thanks for the tips, I do not know if I have the tranny update or not so it sounds like a good excuse to take it in and check.

I love the car so far. I came from several BMW's and finally tired of their problems, moving away from being drivers cars, and THE WORST PAINT in the industry which drove me insane.
I'm actually grateful that there are a few A7's out there, since I never get to look at my car when I'm driving it, so I like seeing others in the wild. And seeing yours was awesome because it's the first S7 I've seen on the road (I've seen several S6s on the road and only S7s at dealerships). I loved the quad tailpipes when I was following you - they really look aggressive. I debated getting Quartz Gray for a long time, going over to Audi Escondido to look at Daytona & Quartz on the lot next to each other on varying days of sun and clouds. I think you'll get lots of compliments on that color with the black optic contrast - it's very clean looking.

I also moved over from BMW, not because of any problems with my personal car (I loved it), but because the new M5s felt much too large when driving them, plus the electronically assisted steering really lacked feel for me (not that any electric assist steering feels very good nowadays). And I was tired of seeing what seemed to be more than 50% of the new F10 5 Series ordered with M Sport Packages that gave them the appearance of being an M5 from the front - they are everywhere around here. I thought the 6 Series Grand Coupe or possible M6GC was going to be my solution and waited until it was out before ordering the S7, but once I drove it I realized it didn't appeal as much to me and the pricing was way out of line for the performance and looks. And of course there was the Panamera 4S, which had the best steering feedback and handling of everything I drove, but I could not and still cannot get over its looks. Even the recent refresh doesn't do it for me. It's a shame - I try to convince myself that it's not that bad every time I see one, but then I see our car and wonder what the hell I'm thinking trying to love such an oddly proportioned Porsche.

This is my 2nd Audi - I had a 2000 A6 4.2 as my winter car when I lived in Chicago and while it was adequate as a cruiser, it was too heavy and front end loaded to be a performer. But now Audi really seems to have figured out the luxury performance segment of the market while providing some unique styling. I have really enjoyed my S7 so far and the technology (torque vectoring, sports differential, air suspension and speedy DCT) does its best to offset the heaviness of the car. I'm hoping I'll want to keep mine for a long time.

Last edited by gs4rx3; 01-06-2014 at 08:57 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:50 AM
Banned

Looks so slick! Congrats!