S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

RS7 on order

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 06:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Daytona matte is super sexy, but i hear the upkeep on matte is tough. I figured the Daytona pearl was the safe bet. I struggled with the carbon fiber optic package versus the matte aluminum package. The carbon fiber sounds fantastic, but it seemed like it would get lost on a Daytona pearl car, while the aluminum would contrast nicely and "pop" a bit more. The carbon fiber is quite a bit more expensive, not sure why?
Old 07-30-2013, 05:35 AM
CWK
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GTS00021
The Daytona matte is super sexy, but i hear the upkeep on matte is tough. I figured the Daytona pearl was the safe bet. I struggled with the carbon fiber optic package versus the matte aluminum package. The carbon fiber sounds fantastic, but it seemed like it would get lost on a Daytona pearl car, while the aluminum would contrast nicely and "pop" a bit more. The carbon fiber is quite a bit more expensive, not sure why?
Don't forget the Daytona Gray Matte paint is apparently an extra $6,000, but whose counting...
Old 07-30-2013, 07:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yeah, it is an extra $6k...but I figure if you're already there, might as well go for it. This car would be used on weekends only, so I think the upkeep of the matte wouldn't be too difficult.

I was thinking Daytona Matte with the aluminum package would look amazing...and black sports exhaust of course.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ManhattanSpin
Yeah, it is an extra $6k...but I figure if you're already there, might as well go for it. This car would be used on weekends only, so I think the upkeep of the matte wouldn't be too difficult.

I was thinking Daytona Matte with the aluminum package would look amazing...and black sports exhaust of course.
You could always get the regular Daytona color and add the Xpel Stealth film to give you both the matte look and protection while eliminating issues with matte paint touchups. Plus it would be cheaper than the Daytona Matte option. Just a thought.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mik34
You could always get the regular Daytona color and add the Xpel Stealth film to give you both the matte look and protection while eliminating issues with matte paint touchups. Plus it would be cheaper than the Daytona Matte option. Just a thought.
GOOD IDEA!
Old 07-30-2013, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Look at the BMW owners site about cars with a Matte finish. It take special care to keep the finish staying matte look. PLus on the BMW site it tells you how to take care and clean a Matte finish.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have noticed in several recent releases on the RS7 that cars are shown in Sepang blue; not a color on the current order sheet. Does anyone know if this color has been added as an option? I've ordered mine in Estoril blue, but I'd switch to Sepang if it were available...
Old 08-01-2013, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GTS00021
I went with Daytona gray pearl, matte alluminum optic package, titanium 21 wheels, innovation package, driver assist package, comfort seats, power door closers, alcantara headliner, red brakes, sports exhaust, B&O sound system
I ordered a very similar car:
Daytona Gray Pearl Effect/Aluminum Race Inlays/Comfort Seats/B&O/21" wheels/Innovation/Driver Assist/power closing doors

I'm still going back and forth on the Alu-Optic package -- looks really nice in some recent photos. I have an A7 and couldn't now live without the B&O stereo, heads up display or adaptive cruise control. I'll have to read more about the Sport Exhaust.

Can't wait!
Old 08-01-2013, 07:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by muski
I ordered a very similar car:
Daytona Gray Pearl Effect/Aluminum Race Inlays/Comfort Seats/B&O/21" wheels/Innovation/Driver Assist/power closing doors

I'm still going back and forth on the Alu-Optic package -- looks really nice in some recent photos. I have an A7 and couldn't now live without the B&O stereo, heads up display or adaptive cruise control. I'll have to read more about the Sport Exhaust.

Can't wait!
Congrats! The Daytona gray looks gorgeous from the pics ive seen. Which color wheels did you get? I originally went for the carbon optic package, then changed it to aluminum optic. The black/carbon fiber seemed like it would get lost in the Daytona pearl. The contrast of the aluminum should be very nice. The aluminum optic package is a lot less expensive as well, but i imagine part of the reason for that is the alu optic package only adds a bit more aluminum, as the door sorrounds and mirrors come standard in aluminum. The carbon fiber package swaps out all the aluminum trim for high gloss black or carbon fiber.

I hesitated on the heads up display because im not in love with the look of the hud box on the dash, but i decided to go for it. The sport exhaust was an easy decision, though i hope it isnt crazy loud.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Does anyone know if the RS7 has launch control like the S7? i know it's a different transmission, but I thought I read somewhere it has launch control.

Quick Reply: RS7 on order