S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

S7 Order Placed / Delivery when?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Short story: I'm switching inlay to brushed aluminum to avoid carbon fiber inlay delay. (still may change my mind but this is how I'm leaning right now since car hasn't been put into production yet).

Long story: Even after confirming order with dealer with carbon fiber, they somehow managed to input the order with the wrong inlay of brushed aluminum. So when I called to discuss rumors of carbon fiber delays, I discovered their error. The dealer apologized profusely. I decided to keep the order as originally entered.

(Moral of the story, even after confirming in email exactly the specs to be ordered, dealers can still make error inputting into system).

Rough eta: Feb or March 2013.

All for now.

FYI, here's a new youtube review on S7 I found:

Old 12-06-2012, 09:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was just at the audi dealer today and while they didn't have any S7s, they did have an A5 with the layered oak inlays. I've gotta say, I would be hard pressed to pay extra money for that.

I have no doubt there's an incredible amount of time put into making that inlay. But with the way it's built and coated, at first glance it looks cheap and plastic. Of course, if you take time to study it, feel the layers it's obvious that it's not plastic but the first impression is not that great.

For my $.02, carbon fiber is the best looking inlay for S7. Brushed aluminim would be second. Then the standard (darker wood veneer look) 3rd, and layered oak last. (in USA, those are all the options we get).
Old 12-07-2012, 06:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Update: just found out yesterday that my car, which was due for a Feb build/March delivery is now going into build next week and will be at the dealer by end of Jan! Looks like production has picked up as was speculated.

my dealer also confirmed the carbon fiber delays but thought I was not going to be impacted because my car has already been released to production...but we'll see.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RS-SIX
Update: just found out yesterday that my car, which was due for a Feb build/March delivery is now going into build next week and will be at the dealer by end of Jan! Looks like production has picked up as was speculated.

my dealer also confirmed the carbon fiber delays but thought I was not going to be impacted because my car has already been released to production...but we'll see.
Awesome! When did you place your order?
Old 12-07-2012, 10:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jonnyt5050
Awesome! When did you place your order?
About a week before you it seems (from the posts on page 1)
Old 12-28-2012, 12:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here's the latest:

My dealer sent message yesterday (after I emailed for update) that my car "Your car hasn't been born yet . It is still in line for build . I wish I had more to say . Maybe in the next couple of weeks ."

Doesn't sound like things are moving very quickly on my order. (Originally placed order w/my dealer Oct 8).

I'm having thoughts of getting impatient and seeing if any of the S7s (with similar options) listed on cars.com are really for sale or if they're all pre-sold. Anyone try that route?
Old 01-01-2013, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all,

I love seeing the photos. Keep those coming!
Here are a couple of quick shots. Got 1 of the first in Virginia (hence, the plates).
You are gonna LOVE this car.
Attached Images   
Old 01-01-2013, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Here's the latest:

My dealer sent message yesterday (after I emailed for update) that my car "Your car hasn't been born yet . It is still in line for build . I wish I had more to say . Maybe in the next couple of weeks ."

Doesn't sound like things are moving very quickly on my order. (Originally placed order w/my dealer Oct 8).

I'm having thoughts of getting impatient and seeing if any of the S7s (with similar options) listed on cars.com are really for sale or if they're all pre-sold. Anyone try that route?
If possible, ask your dealer to cancel your order and do a dealer trade in with another dealer who has something exact or similar to what you want
Old 01-01-2013, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice looking car, GMunford. Are those wheels the OEM 19 inchers?
Old 01-01-2013, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
Nice looking car, GMunford. Are those wheels the OEM 19 inchers?
Thanks. Yeah, my plan was to replace them some kind of 20" , but ive gotten to like them, so may wait a while, do an upgrade after the newness is worn off.

Quick Reply: S7 Order Placed / Delivery when?