S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

S7 Order Placed / Delivery when?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice car Gmunford, congrats. Phantom Black/Black? More pics please, and let us know your impressions. I'm torn between silver or phantom black for this car.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ayfourthreepointoh
nice car Gmunford, congrats. Phantom Black/Black? More pics please, and let us know your impressions. I'm torn between silver or phantom black for this car.
Thanks. I got phantom black - added 40% tint. I know the consensus seems to be that lighter colors show off A/S7 lines better, but I live near an Audi dealer and cruised the lot for months before buying (waiting for S to come available) to see the different colors. And Phantom Black kept winning - to me emphasises the basic shape/line, especially w. a darker tint & suspension lowered to dynamic (where it ALWAYS is). Plus, its just classic. That said, ain't an ugly one in the bunch. And black is a pain to keep clean. Speaking of which, went with the lunar silver interior - which looks super elegant but does get dirty. None of which I mind: taking care of the beast is part of the fun. Here's a couple more shots - 1 kind of boring long shot to give yo a sense of what looks like in "real life."
Attached Images   
Old 01-02-2013, 03:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Gmunford - thank you for posting those pics - your car looks awesome and the phantom black shows it off very well! One thing this site is definitely missing is quality S7 pics and for those of us painfully awaiting the build, ship and delivery of our cars. It is incredibly reinforcing for some of us to see great pictures while we wait.

I encourage other S7 owners to post their pictures. In fact, it would be nice to have a real image gallery of forum member cars like Bimmerpost has.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a quick update:

dealer emailed Jan 24 (about 3 weeks ago). Said my car has been released for February production. Would probably be a March delivery.

No news since then. (So I don't have a VIN or anything at the moment).

On one hand, this is a pretty long delivery cycle. On other hand, I'd rather take delivery in March anyhow once snow is mostly gone.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hello Everyone!
I am about to order the S7 for european delivery and I have couple of questions for those who ordered their S7's.

1) How much Audicare cost for the S7 model....Has anyone ordered Audicare for the S7? would you mind sharing the cost $ of Audicare? and if it's worth it. Since I will be leasing the car for 36 months not sure if I need it?
2) What type of deposit you had to pay to the dealer on an ordered S7?
3) Were you able to get better pricing then the standard 5% off for the ED program? I am in the Northern VA area.

Thanks for your help in advance. I am very excited and looking forward to joining the community soon!

AJ
Old 02-20-2013, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AudiS7fan
Hello Everyone!
I am about to order the S7 for european delivery and I have couple of questions for those who ordered their S7's.

1) How much Audicare cost for the S7 model....Has anyone ordered Audicare for the S7? would you mind sharing the cost $ of Audicare? and if it's worth it. Since I will be leasing the car for 36 months not sure if I need it?
2) What type of deposit you had to pay to the dealer on an ordered S7?
3) Were you able to get better pricing then the standard 5% off for the ED program? I am in the Northern VA area.

Thanks for your help in advance. I am very excited and looking forward to joining the community soon!

AJ
Dealer originally quoted $1500. I called AoA and they confirmed retail price for AudiCare on the S7 was $800, but the dealer was free to charge whatever they wanted. I went back and they gave it to me for $800.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikemdd
Dealer originally quoted $1500. I called AoA and they confirmed retail price for AudiCare on the S7 was $800, but the dealer was free to charge whatever they wanted. I went back and they gave it to me for $800.
Further to my note above, I negotiated AudiCare as part of the deal on my Q7, TT and A6. However, they would not deal on the S7, given the "rarity" of the model..... I was not in a good negotiating position.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi There,

I don't have any info on audi care pricing.

Deposit amount was $1,000.

Pricing ended up being $1,000 off sticker + another $1,500 reduction for audi loyalty (current owners of audi).

Best wishes with the European delivery. Sounds like a fun time!
Old 03-01-2013, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jonnyt5050
Hi There,

I don't have any info on audi care pricing.

Deposit amount was $1,000.

Pricing ended up being $1,000 off sticker + another $1,500 reduction for audi loyalty (current owners of audi).

Best wishes with the European delivery. Sounds like a fun time!
Thanks. I will be placing my order end of March and yes, I am very excited about the European delivery. I have done that with BMW before and had a blast!

Best regards,

AJ
Old 04-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Quick update:

So about 6 months later... received the call that the car has been delivered to the dealership!

Should pick it up on Friday. Of course, I'll post photos, etc.

Glad it's here. But 6 months is too long. I'm sure that will all be forgotten once I get to drive it though.

Quick Reply: S7 Order Placed / Delivery when?