S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

S7 vs. Panamera

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 04:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S7 vs. Panamera

Hi guys!
Strongly considering custom-ordered S7 in Estoril blue with various options with European delivery, but there is a dealership nearby with really good prices on new 2013 Panameras and I'm not sure what to do given their price point. Suggestions?
Old 12-28-2013, 04:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

http://porsche.rdsautomotivegroup.co.../inventory/New
Old 12-28-2013, 04:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Go drive 'em both. Many here and elsewhere think the Panamera S or upper trims are the best handling sport sedans out there, just as many think they are butt fugly.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Go drive 'em both. Many here and elsewhere think the Panamera S or upper trims are the best handling sport sedans out there, just as many think they are butt fugly. YMMV.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I did drive them both and I do think Panny is ugly, LOL. However, the price is really good! Anyway, what I really want is a loaded S7, so that's what I'm going with after all. Shot out some emails to nearest dealerships to give me their best price, MSRP $103,670.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

$103K?! holy smokes. it must come with the submarine and flight options. I went a bit more frugally, and scored a CPO with less than 3k miles and say half loaded for $80k.

what pricing are you seeing for the Panamera 4S, which I'm assuming is the equivalent vehicle?
Old 12-28-2013, 09:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by LukFilm
Hi guys!
Strongly considering custom-ordered S7 in Estoril blue with various options with European delivery, but there is a dealership nearby with really good prices on new 2013 Panameras and I'm not sure what to do given their price point. Suggestions?
Are you still looking to do ED, or local delivery? If you are doing Euro Delivery, those vehicles do not come out of the dealers normal allocation so depending on the dealer their may be some additional negotiation room (above the 5% standard ED discount), but it doesn't seem to be as easy to get the killer deal you can get on an ED BMW. (Ive done that a couple of times).

For local delivery, every market is different, but I would shoot for 6% off MSRP minus an additional $1500. You may be able to do better. The justification for the 6% is that is the discount you automatically can get by being a member of ACNA (Audi Club of North America) for at least six months prior to purchase. (You can eliminate the 6 month wait by forking out $750 to be a life time member. The additional $1500 can be had as either a Audi Loyalty discount, or as a bounty for being a BMW or Mercedes owner.

In addition, if you are leasing, be sure to do the following:
1. Make sure you are getting the dealer buy rate on money factor by checking with the edmunds leasing forum for the latest buy rate.
2. Get Audi Care - it adds 1% to the residual value, which will pay for itself on a 3 year lease. (if you are doing a shorter lease, don't get it.
3. Use MSDs (multiple security deposits). You can add up to 9 MSDs, and each one reduces the MF by .0005 This equates to about a 5% to 7% annual ROI, which is pretty good for a highly secure cash investment. YMMV depending on the other parameters of the deal.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

GREAT info, thank you very much. I normally buy cars straight-up, but now I have a business through which I'll run the lease and not knowing ANYTHING about leasing, the information you presented is invaluable.
- I had NO idea about "standard ED discount" - what's that? Comes off the negotiated price?
- I have only had Nissan Altima, so no fancy cars before this one. No $1,500 off for me.
- I have gotten a price quote for A7 (before looking into S7) from another dealer and it was about 1% above invoice and almost $5,000 off MSRP which was $80,200 (quoted $75,325). I take it that was a very good price and I assume I could get a very competitive price quote for S7 as well.
- I will learn more about lease and rates by visiting Edmunds forum you suggested.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ED = Erectile Dysfunction. If you have it, you get a discount from Audi (just kidding).
ED = European Delivery -- you get a discount for picking up your car in Germany.

This means, you need to go to Europe to get your car and drive it to the port for shipping. For some, they prefer this - because of the discount, your chance to drive the Autobahn at 200 MPH (or 320 km per hour) without a cop ticket, and the chance to see Audi's headquarters + drive your Audi in some German and European towns and cure your ED with some European blonde chick (haha). The discount is offset by the travel spending you must fork (hotel, plane ticket to Europe, pocket money for travel, etc.).

Originally Posted by LukFilm
GREAT info, thank you very much. I normally buy cars straight-up, but now I have a business through which I'll run the lease and not knowing ANYTHING about leasing, the information you presented is invaluable.
- I had NO idea about "standard ED discount" - what's that? Comes off the negotiated price?
- I have only had Nissan Altima, so no fancy cars before this one. No $1,500 off for me.
- I have gotten a price quote for A7 (before looking into S7) from another dealer and it was about 1% above invoice and almost $5,000 off MSRP which was $80,200 (quoted $75,325). I take it that was a very good price and I assume I could get a very competitive price quote for S7 as well.
- I will learn more about lease and rates by visiting Edmunds forum you suggested.

Last edited by ayap; 01-22-2014 at 08:26 AM.