S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

Cool ! The S7 configurator is up and running...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2019, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Valgus
That’s crazy ! I was initially told by the dealership that I could put an order in by the end of summer (August) and potentially take possession end of November. The latest I hear now is that ordering will be happening in Feb. which puts possession in late spring. This is consistent with what you’ve been told. What’s more upsetting is that I’ve already put 5 grand deposit to hold my place in line. That’s potentially 10-12 months that Audi has had my money in their pockets where it could be earning me interest or dividends on investment.

Also, based on the fact that they have made no vehicles available (2.9 litre) to journalists or youtubers for review, I think that the S7’s are going to be significantly delayed here. Wonder what the problem is ??
So, I talked to another salesperson on the phone yesterday from my dealer and he told me that there is 1 S7 being built now that's heading to my dealer sometime at the end of the year. He told me I can order anytime now with a deposit, and once the dealer gets an allocation, my order will be entered. It's strange how different info that we are getting from different dealers, even among different salespersons. I think personally I want to wait until I see one in person, then I can choose what options I want. I wonder if the sport exhaust is worth the upgrade?
Old 11-02-2019, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by aquarian
So, I talked to another salesperson on the phone yesterday from my dealer and he told me that there is 1 S7 being built now that's heading to my dealer sometime at the end of the year. He told me I can order anytime now with a deposit, and once the dealer gets an allocation, my order will be entered. It's strange how different info that we are getting from different dealers, even among different salespersons. I think personally I want to wait until I see one in person, then I can choose what options I want. I wonder if the sport exhaust is worth the upgrade?
Sports Exhaust is always going to be worth the upgrade. Interestingly, it is included on the base S7 in Canada. In other words, there will be no S7’s on the road here without the upgraded exhaust.
Old 11-02-2019, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Valgus
Sports Exhaust is always going to be worth the upgrade. Interestingly, it is included on the base S7 in Canada. In other words, there will be no S7’s on the road here without the upgraded exhaust.
Just went to the Canadian website and the sport exhaust is not available from the sport package, but where did you see that it's standard on the S7?

Interestingly, the flat bottom non-heated steering wheel is standard in Canada, whereas that's not even optional here in the US.....
Old 11-02-2019, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by aquarian
Just went to the Canadian website and the sport exhaust is not available from the sport package, but where did you see that it's standard on the S7?

Interestingly, the flat bottom non-heated steering wheel is standard in Canada, whereas that's not even optional here in the US.....
So if you go into the configurator at the top right under where it says “ learn about Audi’s engine designations” and click on the “i” with the circle around it a drop down list will come up with all the standard equipment. Under Exterior equipment it will be last on the list. No big deal but it is interesting that the 2 countries bundle their options in such a different manner. I have absolutely no explanation for your lack of the flat bottom steering wheel. My only guess is that it’s a mistake and will show up when the webmaster gets around to fixing the bugs.