S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

Requesting thoughts on the S Sport package

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2023, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Requesting thoughts on the S Sport package

Looking for input in regards to a BTO S7 while still modifiable.

For $4,000, the MY23 "S Sport Package" on the S7 includes:
- Dynamic all-wheel steering
- Sport exhaust
- Sport rear differential
- Red brake calipers

I'm debating this package. I wouldn't mind the all-wheel steering (added servicing cost aside) nor the red calipers, but I'm a bit lukewarm on the "sport exhaust" and rear diff. This car will be a daily driver, various distances, unlikely to be tracked but occasionally driven spiritedly, and is otherwise equipped with the Luxury Package and is retaining the air suspension (not the adaptive steel suspension) - so there's a bit of an emphasis on comfort in an S model.

Do you think it's worth the added $4k in that situation? I've not been able to hands-on compare.
Old 03-17-2023, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

I have it and would not go without it in the future. Well worth the price. The rear differential compliments the rest of the "sport," driven attributes of the vehicle and provides a much better handling experience. The all wheel steering is also essential as this is a big car and with the AWS you can reduce the turning radius significantly . I find it an invaluable in city driving. As far as the sport exhaust I like to hear the octave change when sport mode is engaged, no functional difference just a guttural experience that most enjoy when spending 100k on a sports sedan. Red Calipers, can't go wrong as they look so sharp on this long vehicle. Hope this helps. Go for it and don't regret, if you don't get it you will regret and resale value is diminished, most s7 owners opt for it.
Old 03-17-2023, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by duffer5
I have it and would not go without it in the future. Well worth the price. The rear differential compliments the rest of the "sport," driven attributes of the vehicle and provides a much better handling experience. The all wheel steering is also essential as this is a big car and with the AWS you can reduce the turning radius significantly . I find it an invaluable in city driving. As far as the sport exhaust I like to hear the octave change when sport mode is engaged, no functional difference just a guttural experience that most enjoy when spending 100k on a sports sedan. Red Calipers, can't go wrong as they look so sharp on this long vehicle. Hope this helps. Go for it and don't regret, if you don't get it you will regret and resale value is diminished, most s7 owners opt for it.
Thank you for the input. I think my biggest hangup is the sport exhaust. I'm coming from a car that is extremely quiet inside, also with dual-pane glass as my S7 will have, and I just don't have a feel for how much louder the sport exhaust would be inside versus the stock exhaust.

In the continuum between sport and comfort, I err a bit towards the latter. As neither AWS nor the rear diff would affect the air suspension's ride quality itself and instead would improve handling which is welcome, that exhaust is the last unknown for me.

In your experience, what do you think re: the sound/quietness when not engaged?
Old 03-18-2023, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I came from S4 to S7 about a month ago. My S7 has a sports package but not the S4. I really didn't feel any different in terms of handling. The S7 is pretty quiet. It purrs like a cat. I like my S4 with the upgraded Borla exhaust full system better.