S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

S7 sports vs standard exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2023, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default S7 sports vs standard exhaust

Hi all

I'm located in Australia and I'm currently awaiting an S7 Sportback (Dakota/Arras) that's on a ship from Germany ATM. It has most of the available options including the Sports Pack. In Australia, like the US, we get the 2.9 litre TT petrol engine, not the diesel they get in Europe.

Now the Sports Pack that you get in the US includes the "Sports exhaust system" but the one we get has the standard exhaust system. The Sports exhaust system isn't even offered as a stand alone option. In the past I have imported an OEM sports exhaust system for a BMW with great success. My current Audi S5 that I've had for 6 years also has the standard system, but this has sounded nice enough that I haven't bothered to replace it.

I'd be very grateful for any info about how the standard and sports exhaust systems in the S7 compare sound wise. It would also be great to find out which specific components are different and what the part numbers are. I could then look into importing the bits I need to make the change and see if the local dealer will swap them in with no implications re warranty. Hopefully, it would be a simple bolt-on exercise with no coding needed?

Any opinions/info appreciated.

Cheers
Tony