A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Anyone in the TORONTO area willing to do 2 simple tweaks for me????

i just want the headlight to stay on during signaling and the gauges to do the full rev on the VC. Is there anyway to make the DRL's brighter? i know in the older models they are set to 80% and can be turned up.

Please let me know. i could pay a small amount if you want to get this done.
Old 12-09-2017, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by danoarx
Finally it worked! This is what I did. I followed your steps, same thing, the sign come on for less than a second. Then I connected by OBD11 and reverted what I previously did for enabling traffic signs. Connected the dongle again and followed your steps. It now works. Whatever I did with OBD11 before was conflicting with it so after reverting those it is now working fine!

But I think that it is showing those speed limits from navigation data not from the camera and looking at the actual signs. The reason I am saying this is because it starts showing the speed limits even if there wasn't any sign on the road. As soon as I turn on a road that has a speed limit, it starts showing it even though there wasn't any actual sign yet. So I think it is getting this information from the navigation data.
Hi Danoarx,

Now that you got it working with the Kufatec dongle, do you think you could do a OBDELEVEN backup of the car modules to see what coding the dongle did? Maybe with the right coding, the traffic sign recognition can be enabled without the need to buy the dongle?

Thanks !
Old 12-09-2017, 03:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo Freak
Hi Danoarx,

Now that you got it working with the Kufatec dongle, do you think you could do a OBDELEVEN backup of the car modules to see what coding the dongle did? Maybe with the right coding, the traffic sign recognition can be enabled without the need to buy the dongle?

Thanks !
I'm very interested in this thread and would like to know if anyone in North America has ordered the KUFATEC diagnostic interface for activating the camera-based traffic sign recognition function. My car has the required options to display. I will be going to Germany in a couple of weeks and would try to pick one up if I could confirm it would work on a NA spec car. thanks all
Old 12-11-2017, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Finally got my Kufatec box and it is very easy to use as described by others previously, although the errors that flashed up were slightly alarming and I was left with a couple when the process finished but turning the ignition off and on again cleared then and everything is working great and I now have traffic sign recognition. Well worth the money and totally fool-proof.
Old 12-11-2017, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default sim code?

Anyone got freedom sim to work in NA? I coded to seethe sim but no google earth still
Old 12-11-2017, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Kafutec box works as described. If anyone in SoCal area want to meet up, I’m down. PM me!
Old 12-12-2017, 02:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by TDRAG97
Anyone got freedom sim to work in NA? I coded to seethe sim but no google earth still
External sim will give you in car Wifi only. It will not give you Audi Connect PRIME features, including Google Earth.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got the Kufatec dongle here from the German website with Fedex International Priority mail which was a guaranteed pre 12pm next day delivery. Paid via PayPal and worked out to be £150 all inclusive.

https://www.kufatec.de/shop/en/diagn...ecognition-mlb

Followed Audidave’s instructions to turn ignition on (not the engine) with all doors, boot, bonnet closed. Waited a minute then plugged in the device. Had the error messages for lane guidance and high beam assist not working but as previously mentioned all went away after turning the ignition off then back on.

This added the extra traffic sign section in the DIS and a menu in the car settings for speed limit warning which I enabled.

All works very well and it picks up almost all signs unless very obscurely positioned. If you exceed the speed limit it flashes at a certain mph over the limit - 0 mph, + 3 mph etc.

I’ve attached a few pictures so you can see what it looks like in the 7” colour DIS that came with my technology pack. It’s nice that the speed is always displayed no matter which menu you’re in.

It also ignores the Navigation speed limit if picks up a new sign. Therefore the two screens can show different speed limits.
Attached Thumbnails 2017 A4 coding tweaks-9f82de8e-21a9-4f99-9e0f-2ec4f3b9ac08.jpeg   2017 A4 coding tweaks-c82a671f-d2cb-4554-9332-74353bfc52db.jpeg   2017 A4 coding tweaks-c6c2e9f7-49d6-420d-800a-459342ef4878.jpeg   2017 A4 coding tweaks-93bf9b0b-86b5-43ab-84d1-53e44d9528c7.jpeg  
Old 12-12-2017, 05:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats. Believe it is a feature worth adding if you could display it. Unfortunately, my car does not have the required Frontcamera (Pr No. QK1) even though it has high beam assist, rain sensor etc.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
External sim will give you in car Wifi only. It will not give you Audi Connect PRIME features, including Google Earth.
ohhh. I what do we get ? Or what can we do? With external sim?

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks