Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Winter Wiper blades

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2019, 09:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Winter Wiper blades

Does anyone have any recommendations on winter wiper blades? Thank you.
Old 11-03-2019, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

I recenty fitted Bosch ICON blades to replace my OEM ones upon hearing them recommended here. I haven't been through snow with them yet, but I can tell you that so far they are markedly better than OEM in the rain.

When you buy them, make sure they come with adapter brackets. These are sold two ways, and the older style packaging that doesn't come with the baggie full of plastic adapters won't work. You'll need the adapters.
Old 11-03-2019, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mplsbrian
I recenty fitted Bosch ICON blades to replace my OEM ones upon hearing them recommended here. I haven't been through snow with them yet, but I can tell you that so far they are markedly better than OEM in the rain.

When you buy them, make sure they come with adapter brackets. These are sold two ways, and the older style packaging that doesn't come with the baggie full of plastic adapters won't work. You'll need the adapters.
thanks for the recommendation. Are they winter blades though? Or do they work well in winter?
Old 11-03-2019, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 148 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by stwus
thanks for the recommendation. Are they winter blades though? Or do they work well in winter?
With the new premium beam style wipers, I think the concept of a winter blade is obsolete. The winter blade had all the metal pivots surrounded with a rubber cover so they wouldn’t freeze in place.

Beam blades don’t have any individual parts to get ice stuck in. I’m a fan of the Valeo Utlimate 900 series. We had one heck of a winter last year and they were great. Super nice other times too. Factory connector is built in so no adapter needed. For the 2018 S5 the numbers are 900-20-9B and 900-24-11B.
Old 11-03-2019, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

ST, Trico makes an "extreme weather" blade for these cars. They call it Trico Ice. I have a set in the basement but am waiting for bad weather before I install them. (I don't have any experience with them.)
Old 11-03-2019, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by uberwgn
ST, Trico makes an "extreme weather" blade for these cars. They call it Trico Ice. I have a set in the basement but am waiting for bad weather before I install them. (I don't have any experience with them.)
I saw them, but not sure how they are. Do them seem any different than the original wiper blades from Audi? I don’t even know if the Audi blades are for all weather?
Old 11-04-2019, 04:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

The design of the beam blades are quite similar. Take a look at their marketing claims.
Old 11-04-2019, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 160 Posts

I don't know how anyone can possibly improve on the OEM blades that came with my car. They wipe everything perfectly, zero streaks. I bought Bosh blades for my OEM B8 before and I didn't get perfect results. I don't know what brand/model came with mine but I wish someone could tell me so I'll buy a lifetime supply.
Old 11-04-2019, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by uberwgn
The design of the beam blades are quite similar. Take a look at their marketing claims.
Thanks. I will check it out.
Old 11-04-2019, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

For some reason Trico has MANY wiper blade options that will fit Audi. I'm not sure why there are so many choices.

Quick Reply: Winter Wiper blades