Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Key fobs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key fobs?

Hi all,

I have a deposit on a Chronos coming to the dealer in about two weeks. Does anyone know if the second key fobs are coming in these days? Since we have two drivers it would be a big inconvenience, if not, has anyone ever received the second one at any point?

Thanks!
Old 02-07-2022, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

The Chronos I bought in October has one key. No meaningful eta info given at delivery or anytime since. Some new Audis are being delivered with both keys, others have been waiting 6+ months. Look for posts from user SCarGuy…. He has some insight, but ultimately nothing that narrows it down from between now and never. Think long and hard about taking delivery…. I’m the only person why drives my car. I’ve lost/damaged just 2 keys in over 30 years and countless cars. Yet I’m very frightened about accidentally putting my 1 key through the washing machine. I knew when I bought the car it only had one key. I knew they had no eta. But 4 months with not even an update … frustrating the livingcrap out of me.
The following users liked this post:
Av0789 (02-07-2022)
Old 02-07-2022, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

I picked mine up December 15th with one key and still haven't heard anything about receiving a second. The dealer said that I would receive a recall notice about it possibly in February, but they didn't seem to know much and haven't followed up with that issue or anything else since the sale.
Av0789 (02-07-2022)
Old 02-08-2022, 03:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Picked mine up beginning of December 2021 (in Belgium) and received 2 keys, possibly due to the electric chairs.
Old 02-08-2022, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Krotar
Picked mine up beginning of December 2021 (in Belgium) and received 2 keys, possibly due to the electric chairs.
Do you have keyless entry (i.e. you only touch the door handle to unlock and don't have to press a button on the key fob)? I assumed that vehicles with keyless entry were receiving only one key and everyone else was receiving two since there are fewer microchips required for non-keyless entry.
Old 02-08-2022, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SDakota
Do you have keyless entry (i.e. you only touch the door handle to unlock and don't have to press a button on the key fob)? I assumed that vehicles with keyless entry were receiving only one key and everyone else was receiving two since there are fewer microchips required for non-keyless entry.
I have keyless entry, I ordered the base attraction model with business pack plus that had it included.
Old 02-08-2022, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by SDakota
I picked mine up December 15th with one key and still haven't heard anything about receiving a second. The dealer said that I would receive a recall notice about it possibly in February, but they didn't seem to know much and haven't followed up with that issue or anything else since the sale.
key shortages are not part of a recall, and the dealer is the one notified initially once a car they sold has a key able to be ordered. You may get a push notification to the app as well, but tbd.
Old 02-08-2022, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have seen some come with one and some come with two. I think it just luck of the draw
Old 02-08-2022, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

I sure hope Audi contacts owners directly, because I have zero confidence that the selling dealer will contact me again unless there is a sales commission involved.
Old 02-08-2022, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by Swim
I have seen some come with one and some come with two. I think it just luck of the draw
it's based on the model, and when it was allocated. The earlier the original allocation, the greater the chance it's delivered with 2 keys.

Q3's for me have all come with 2. Q5 family, mixed back. Q7, mixed bag.

All RS's have come with 2 keys.

Just got an S7 in today, will need to check it tomorrow
marraccinijd (02-11-2022)

Quick Reply: Key fobs?