A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

USB-C port

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2022, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default USB-C port

Hello All, this is my first post!
I have a 2022 A6 (Prestige). In the center console, inside the driver's arm rest compartment there are 2 USB-C ports (1 & 2), which I use to plug in a USB-C to USB-A adapter to plug in a USB-A thumbdrive with MP3 files. Inadvertently, I threw in there my sunglassess case and when closing I think I broke port 1, the USB-C connector itself seems to have snapped and is back inside. Does anybody know if this USB connectors plate comes off by prying it out or the entire console has to be dissasembled? See attached picture. Thanks!

How do I take out this plate?
Old Today, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any luck?

Originally Posted by CarlM11
I have a 2022 A6 (Prestige). In the center console, inside the driver's arm rest compartment there are 2 USB-C ports (1 & 2), which I use to plug in a USB-C to USB-A adapter to plug in a USB-A thumbdrive with MP3 files. Inadvertently, I threw in there my sunglassess case and when closing I think I broke port 1, the USB-C connector itself seems to have snapped and is back inside. Does anybody know if this USB connectors plate comes off by prying it out or the entire console has to be dissasembled? See attached picture. Thanks!

Did you have any luck figuring out how to get at the port module? I've just bought a 2021 A6 with this exact problem.

Thanks
Old Today, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Why do you not use a wooden butter knife and gently pry out the panel?
Old Today, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CarlM11

To get to this insert with usb ports, you need to remove the center console side trims, the rear air deflector and the center armrest insert