Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Extract oil from 2019 2.0T from dipstick hole?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2022, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Extract oil from 2019 2.0T from dipstick hole?

I know somebody mentioned he was able to extract all oil from a 4M 2.0T but I don't know which model year. We have a 2019 and I have tried 3 times. Each time I can only extract 3L from the dipstick hole with an oil extractor. Yes, I did warm up the engine, remove the oil filter and change the location of the tube several times. The same oil extractor works on a different car too. It's hard to believe that Audi somehow secretly changed the oil pan of 2019 model year (or maybe just our car, lol) but we know Audi...So is there anybody successfully extracting their oil from a 2019 2.0T? Is there anybody having the same issue as me? Thank you.

I pretty much give up and plan to drain from now on but just want to check to make sure...Extracting is a lot easier if it works...
Old 09-15-2022, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i had the same exact issue this past weekend

Originally Posted by Handydoctor
I know somebody mentioned he was able to extract all oil from a 4M 2.0T but I don't know which model year. We have a 2019 and I have tried 3 times. Each time I can only extract 3L from the dipstick hole with an oil extractor. Yes, I did warm up the engine, remove the oil filter and change the location of the tube several times. The same oil extractor works on a different car too. It's hard to believe that Audi somehow secretly changed the oil pan of 2019 model year (or maybe just our car, lol) but we know Audi...So is there anybody successfully extracting their oil from a 2019 2.0T? Is there anybody having the same issue as me? Thank you.

I pretty much give up and plan to drain from now on but just want to check to make sure...Extracting is a lot easier if it works...
I used my Mityvac 7201 extractor and i could only drain 3 liters too for some reason, I have a 2019 Q7 2.0t, I couldnt get all 5.5 quarts out for some reason,
I was doing this for 3 hours and my wife was like why is this taking so long? I also have a 2021 q5 2.0t that i was able to extract all of the oil with the extractor,
I just gave up went underneath the car using ramps and took off all the torx screws, most of them are t20 and 2 are t30, i used a drill with the torx bits and got those suckers
out quick and drained the oil the old fashioned way, but you need a special VW tool with replacement plastic drain plugs, here is the link
Amazon Amazon
I think from now on, I will just go underneath the car, the extractor is just a PIA and it gets messy when taking the tubes out and stuff, this should help

The following users liked this post:
Eguin.2019 (12-19-2022)
Old 09-15-2022, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by shibalyeun
I used my Mityvac 7201 extractor and i could only drain 3 liters too for some reason, I have a 2019 Q7 2.0t, I couldnt get all 5.5 quarts out for some reason,
I was doing this for 3 hours and my wife was like why is this taking so long? I also have a 2021 q5 2.0t that i was able to extract all of the oil with the extractor,
I just gave up went underneath the car using ramps and took off all the torx screws, most of them are t20 and 2 are t30, i used a drill with the torx bits and got those suckers
out quick and drained the oil the old fashioned way, but you need a special VW tool with replacement plastic drain plugs, here is the link
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08F7WW96V...roduct_details
I think from now on, I will just go underneath the car, the extractor is just a PIA and it gets messy when taking the tubes out and stuff, this should help
That's it, I guess. You don't need that special tool. It's cheap, I know and it doesn't hurt to have. A flatbread screwdriver works perfectly. This first time I even reused the plug because I didn't know I needed one, 😂.
Old 11-10-2022, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by shibalyeun
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08F7WW96V...roduct_details
BTW, how do you like those plugs? Are they more or less the same as original ones?
Old 11-14-2022, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

BTW, how do you like those plugs? Are they more or less the same as original ones?
Interested as well. I have always used a flat head the times I actually remove the plug... I also have a 2.0T (2017) and I am able to get the oil out. Not sure if its perfect, but most, will measure closer next time!
Old 11-14-2022, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

plugs are just like the OEM, used it and hasn't leaked since then
Old 12-12-2022, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I’m interested in using an oil extractor. Getting too old to be underneath the car, especially in winter. My 2019 A4 premium plus just came off lease and I bought it out. No more dealer service for me. I just checked Audiusaparts.com and learned that the exact same part # oil pan fits both the 2017 a4 (of which I saw a You Tube video of a successful oil extraction) and the 2019 A4. I didn’t check the 2018. So, if an extractor doesn’t work on the 2019, it is apparently not due to a change in the oil pan design itself.
Since the thread was started, has anyone been able to do the extraction on the 2019?
Thanks!
Old 12-12-2022, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mooselook
I’m interested in using an oil extractor. Getting too old to be underneath the car, especially in winter. My 2019 A4 premium plus just came off lease and I bought it out. No more dealer service for me. I just checked Audiusaparts.com and learned that the exact same part # oil pan fits both the 2017 a4 (of which I saw a You Tube video of a successful oil extraction) and the 2019 A4. I didn’t check the 2018. So, if an extractor doesn’t work on the 2019, it is apparently not due to a change in the oil pan design itself.
Since the thread was started, has anyone been able to do the extraction on the 2019?
Thanks!
You are right. 2017-2020 2.0t have the same oil pan, A4 A6, or Q7. But Q5 (except PHEV version) is a different one and use a different drain plug. I guess I am going to try it one more time. The guy who extracted in Q7 has a 2017.

The OEM drain plug is getting quite expensive. I'm still debating on whether to use the aftermarket on Amazon. They are cheap but if there's a major problem, the car is doomed. The correct drain plug is 06L-103-801​​​​​​​, which is expensive now. The one for Q5 is 06L-103-801D and it's still fairly priced.
Old 12-13-2022, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

You are right. 2017-2020 2.0t have the same oil pan, A4 A6, or Q7. But Q5 (except PHEV version) is a different one and use a different drain plug. I guess I am going to try it one more time. The guy who extracted in Q7 has a 2017.

The OEM drain plug is getting quite expensive. I'm still debating on whether to use the aftermarket on Amazon. They are cheap but if there's a major problem, the car is doomed. The correct drain plug is 06L-103-801, which is expensive now. The one for Q5 is 06L-103-801D and it's still fairly priced.
Dont need to swap the plug if you can get the extractor to work!

Also for what its worth. These Cortico ones come with the oil change kit I buy off FCP seem to work well! https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/aud...teco-06l103801

Last edited by n00bkiller944; 12-13-2022 at 08:45 AM.
Old 12-13-2022, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by n00bkiller944
Dont need to swap the plug if you can get the extractor to work!

Also for what its worth. These Cortico ones come with the oil change kit I buy off FCP seem to work well! https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/aud...teco-06l103801
Thank you. I know. I wish I don't need to drain too. The Cortico ones look identical to the cheap ones from Amazon too actually. I in fact got a couple from Amazon and they indeed look and feel the same as the original Audi one but I just worry if something happens...boom, the engine is gone. I guess it won't be that sudden....anyway...

Quick Reply: Extract oil from 2019 2.0T from dipstick hole?