RS 6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi RS 6 produced from 2020 - Present

2024 RS6 Performance

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2022, 07:13 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2024 RS6 Performance

I assume I am late to the party on this, but here is an article on the forthcoming RS6 Performance. Look at those wheels! Apparently being released here in the US on December 8, it seems it is out or at least public abroad. Any idea of pricing over the standard RS6 (I still have my deposit in place, no allocation yet)? https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4...7-performance/
Old 12-02-2022, 05:46 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 346 Likes on 199 Posts

Have not heard any information specific to US besides that it will likely be a MY24 unlike ROW it being a MY23, meaning won't be stateside till at least mid-2023.

Old 12-03-2022, 04:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jimminez@Nemesis
Have not heard any information specific to US besides that it will likely be a MY24 unlike ROW it being a MY23, meaning won't be stateside till at least mid-2023.
”Model Year” is a North American concept that most of the world does not adhere to…
Old 12-03-2022, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 200 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by CanAutM3
”Model Year” is a North American concept that most of the world does not adhere to…
We use the term here in Europe as well, the main difference I can see is that in the US, the MY seems to apply for almost the entire of the prior year calendar year, so car being released in early 2023 are termed MY24 even though they will probably have been upgraded before you get to 2024. For Europe, Audi has historically changed vehicle spec - minor or major and the Model Year to coincide with Week 20 production (mid-May), although in recent years that seems to be less the case with spec. changes being announced somewhat randomly. What Is fairly certain is that the A6 will get a facelift in 2023 and thus it is likely that outside the US MY24 will refer to the facelift cars
The following users liked this post:
chassis (01-14-2023)
Old 02-20-2023, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Visited my dealer today to see how long their wait list is for the RS6 Avant Performance. The response was they hadn't started a list, so I put down a deposit and will be 1st on the list (at least until someone else walks in and agrees to $50K ADM). They don't know much about availability, but said they think sometime next year. They weren't even sure it would be a '24 or '25 model at this point. This will replace a Merc E63S Wagon in my garage.
Old 02-21-2023, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Good luck on your order. I hope it works out better for you than it did for me. Mine was canceled after six months so I bought one off the floor.
Old 02-22-2023, 02:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

• I wonder if an APR stage 1 tune on this performance package would yield any additional results over what I got from tuning the standard engine.
Old 02-23-2023, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ksalno
Visited my dealer today to see how long their wait list is for the RS6 Avant Performance. The response was they hadn't started a list, so I put down a deposit and will be 1st on the list (at least until someone else walks in and agrees to $50K ADM). They don't know much about availability, but said they think sometime next year. They weren't even sure it would be a '24 or '25 model at this point. This will replace a Merc E63S Wagon in my garage.
I was about to close an order on an RS6 and the performance was just unveiled, today I put down my deposit and got confirmation front the factory on my build, goodwood racing green (individual), cognac interior, gold (performance) wheels with carbon (not grey or black accents), delivery not past August (100% confirmed)) will replace the RSQ8 (20’)
Old 02-23-2023, 11:15 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 363 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by outlawtitan
  • I wonder if an APR stage 1 tune on this performance package would yield any additional results over what I got from tuning the standard engine.
I'd imagine it will given the larger turbos that reportedly will come with the performance package. That is where the added stock power/torque come from per the article...
Old 02-25-2023, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by John Simcox
We use the term here in Europe as well, the main difference I can see is that in the US, the MY seems to apply for almost the entire of the prior year calendar year, so car being released in early 2023 are termed MY24 even though they will probably have been upgraded before you get to 2024. For Europe, Audi has historically changed vehicle spec - minor or major and the Model Year to coincide with Week 20 production (mid-May), although in recent years that seems to be less the case with spec. changes being announced somewhat randomly. What Is fairly certain is that the A6 will get a facelift in 2023 and thus it is likely that outside the US MY24 will refer to the facelift cars
Sorry, I am a bit late to respond to this one. If I am not mistaken, in Europe, the “year” of the vehicle is simply the year in which the vehicle was manufactured. In North America, the “model year” is an arbitrary time window that usually coincides with changes with the vehicle configuration and pricing.

Quick Reply: 2024 RS6 Performance