A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

A6 2019 S Line; Pre Sense, Adaptive lighting warning

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2023, 02:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default A6 2019 S Line; Pre Sense, Adaptive lighting warning

Hi currently getting an error saying;
main beam assist fault
Audi adaptive lighting fault
pre sense restricted & lane departure unavailable

car has been cleaned so shouldn’t be any dirt on 4 sensors at front of car.

any thoughts ? Audi are charging €190 for a diagnostic check so I didn't want it to be something silly and easily fixed.

Old 03-11-2023, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 200 Likes on 177 Posts

Sounds like an issue with the camera mounted in front of the rear view mirror, since all those systems are camera based
Old 03-11-2023, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by John Simcox
Sounds like an issue with the camera mounted in front of the rear view mirror, since all those systems are camera based

I don’t suppose there are any DIY fixes for this, I’ve cleaned the window, tried to blow any dust away on the part under the rear view.
Old 03-15-2023, 01:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine was just in the garage yesterday over this. Apparently if it happens first thing on start up, its a processor issue and is acceptable by Audi as it sorts itself out after a few mins. But mine was mid drive. They took it in an apparently moisture was in where the lens is. The opened it up and done something. But they also noted there is an update or something due which i have to drop it in for a day to update. Hopefully its fixed. It hasnt popped on today anyway.
Old 03-15-2023, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ados
Mine was just in the garage yesterday over this. Apparently if it happens first thing on start up, its a processor issue and is acceptable by Audi as it sorts itself out after a few mins. But mine was mid drive. They took it in an apparently moisture was in where the lens is. The opened it up and done something. But they also noted there is an update or something due which i have to drop it in for a day to update. Hopefully its fixed. It hasnt popped on today anyway.

Thanks, I think this could be it, I actually had a look at the sensor late yesterday evening and could see a bit of discolouration / moisture on the inside of the glass where the radar sensor is. Not sure how it would have gotten in there, but will probably have to let Audi look at it, I can see a new radar sensor is quite expensive so don’t want to do further damage.
Old 03-15-2023, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yea i wouldnt be going near sensors. One wrong move and this could be extremely costly. Iv been out and about a few times today in the pissing rain and it hasnt come up once. So hopefully its sorted out. Id imagine its a similar issue.
Old 03-15-2023, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Would this be enough to throw the sensor off ?

might be a little hard to see just with the light
Old 03-15-2023, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JPR141

might be a little hard to see just with the light
It will absolutely throw it off, dealt with it myself, it's fairly simple with just a couple of clips to undo.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-.../#post25778062
Old 03-15-2023, 10:45 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PaulR7
It will absolutely throw it off, dealt with it myself, it's fairly simple with just a couple of clips to undo.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-.../#post25778062

thanks, will try to pry it open and undo any clips I find.. I said this to Audi about cleaning the window and running the free software update but the service area said “they have to run a diagnostic for my safety”
Old 03-15-2023, 10:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JPR141
thanks, will try to pry it open and undo any clips I find.. I said this to Audi about cleaning the window and running the free software update but the service area said “they have to run a diagnostic for my safety”
I'm in bed right now but if you give me ~12 hours I can have the full Audi guide sent to you for prying the cover off, failing that there are 2 clips on either side on the ends and 2 more clips where the cover meets the headliner symmetrically spaced out a quarter of the way through that need to be undone, preferably with a plastic pry tool.

Quick Reply: A6 2019 S Line; Pre Sense, Adaptive lighting warning