Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Jackal Motorsport Stage 1 tune Oil consumption and SC Clutch fix

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2024, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Jackal Motorsport Stage 1 tune Oil consumption and SC Clutch fix

Jackal has released a tune for the CREC motor on the Audi q7 4m. I believe this is the first user flashable map?
The tune comes packaged with a TCU map (Which makes a lot of sense because the stock gearbox tuning is...underwhelming)
Of note is that the tune claims to solve two of our biggest problems, namely:
1. Oil consumption - The way he explains it is that "the cars knock a lot stock, sometimes 6-7 degrees, this can cause oil consumption"
2. Super Charger Clutch - The map locks the clutch all the time.

I have purchased and am waiting for the flashing cable to see how it works out
The following 3 users liked this post by jaeger254:
AUDI5KVT (05-14-2024), CottonMcKnight (06-23-2024), keg97 (04-15-2024)
Old 04-15-2024, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 115 Likes on 92 Posts

Keep us posted!
Old 04-15-2024, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 248 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by jaeger254
Jackal has released a tune for the CREC motor on the Audi q7 4m. I believe this is the first user flashable map?
The tune comes packaged with a TCU map (Which makes a lot of sense because the stock gearbox tuning is...underwhelming)
1. Oil consumption - The way he explains it is that "the cars knock a lot stock, sometimes 6-7 degrees, this can cause oil consumption"

I've been following some of those threads on Audizine.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on a tune. I'll be watching with anticipation, please keep us updated.
Old 04-16-2024, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

@jaeger254 Do you have any documentation on what rate your car was burning oil before the tune? I've seen a ton of anecdotal evidence from owners, but very rarely do I see good measurements.
Old 04-16-2024, 11:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2kwik4u
@jaeger254 Do you have any documentation on what rate your car was burning oil before the tune? I've seen a ton of anecdotal evidence from owners, but very rarely do I see good measurements.
Unfortunately no.
I got my q7 two weeks ago. I am just being overly cautious and paranoid.
Old 04-17-2024, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Unfortunately no.
I got my q7 two weeks ago. I am just being overly cautious and paranoid.
Understood. I would start tracking immediately. It's easy enough to do, and can provide some great insight. IMO, humans are notoriously bad for estimating how long it's been since something happened, writing it down can help you make some data based decisions. I thought my oil burn was excessive until I started recording it. Realized I was letting the intervals go to far, pulled that back and now understand it's not as bad as I thought.

Also, there is a good deal of anecdotal evidence that if you have a tune, the oil burn isn't as big of an issue. Lots of people running around with APR tunes that have mentioned no oil burn problems. My oil burn isn't excessive (yet), and I'm on the stock tune, however I beat my car like a rented mule and tow quite often. I also drive ~25k/yr under those conditions, so that might also help, might not as well.

Anywho, here's the level of data I've been collecting:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-.../#post25897222
Old 05-14-2024, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any updates?? I’m looking to tune my q7 with the CREC also so looking forward to hearing about the tune! I was pretty set on the apr flash but now that jackal offers the SC clutch to be locked, and an included tcu tune seems like a great option.
Old 05-14-2024, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

would love any updates if you followed through with the tune!
The following users liked this post:
2kwik4u (05-15-2024)
Old 06-23-2024, 01:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

So I’m looking at pulling the trigger on this tune for my q7…but wanted to verify a couple of things.

Does anyone know;

*the supercharger lock is not a physical connection..it just programs the clutch to stay engaged with no mechanical adaptation included with the kit. So, if you have slippage that will need to be addressed…correct?

*if I’m right about my above assumption on the supercharger, and I purchased the GAS clutch delete along with this tune…will I need to worry about a CEL, or is that addressed with the tune?

*on a stage 1 tune it’s suggested to upgrade the intake. How vital is that? I like the idea of an upgraded intake, but that will be a future project.

I’m lucky that (so far) my 2018 q7 with 70k has very minimal oil consumption …so maybe this will be good preventative maintenance, along with fixing that annoying supercharger clutch and jerking…plus now that it’s paid for…time to make it fun!

Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
keg97 (06-23-2024)
Old 06-24-2024, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Is the Jackal tune only for 93 octane? It is less common here in Canada than 91.

Quick Reply: Jackal Motorsport Stage 1 tune Oil consumption and SC Clutch fix