RS 6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi RS 6 produced from 2020 - Present

bass and door vibrations

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2024, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default bass and door vibrations

Anyone else have loud vibrating noises in the doors/dash from bass? If so what have you done?
Old 05-27-2024, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dcnyli
Anyone else have loud vibrating noises in the doors/dash from bass? If so what have you done?
Yep, the driver's side speaker by my left knee. No solution yet, but I hate it. It goes away when I press my hand on the speaker screen, so I know it's just a loose piece and not a busted speaker.
Old 05-27-2024, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

that's it right there, dang. I need to fix it somehow, it drives me batty
Old 05-27-2024, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 183 Likes on 147 Posts

Just had this arise in my SQ8 driver door. Had to push in plastic door card that abuts metal frame on right side of speaker. I applied some double sided tape to keep plastic pushed in and no issues with buzzing anymore. But not sure if this will be along term fix.
The following users liked this post:
dcnyli (05-27-2024)
Old 05-27-2024, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

have any pics?
Old 06-01-2024, 02:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

You'll need to pull the door card and look for any cables or wires like might be vibrating. Audi door cards are fairly easy to remove and put back.
If you see any loose wires that might be causing your noise then you can use some foam tape to isolate them from any hard surfaces they might be vibrating against.
Zip tie them if they have enough slack to permit.

If you really want to go the extra yard you can buy some sound dampening materials. I recommend only 1 company for this, https://resonixsoundsolutions.com
Proper sound dampening will improve the sound of your audio dramatically.
Old 06-01-2024, 03:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeyg83
Yep, the driver's side speaker by my left knee. No solution yet, but I hate it. It goes away when I press my hand on the speaker screen, so I know it's just a loose piece and not a busted speaker.
You might be able to pop off the speaker grill with a plastic pry tool. Try wedging a very thin layer of felt cloth between the edge of the grill and the door and pop the grill back in place. The felt should cure the vibration sound which might be caused by the grill vibrating against the door card.
dcnyli (06-01-2024)
Old 06-16-2024, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 183 Likes on 147 Posts

Ok, so I took the plunge and actually removed the door card to get to the source of the rattle. I will be honest I was nervous pulling apart the door, but it is much simpler than expected. YouTube is your friend as they show you how to pry the door handle trim piece first and then remove three 25 torx bolts before prying the various clips along the edges. Lift up and the whole door card comes off easily. Just be mindful there are a couple plugs and the door handle cable to also undo before full separation. In my case, my rattle came from the speaker housing bolt being loose. A couple turns to tighten and all good. All wiring was “tight” with no likelihood of causing a future rattle. The door card all reseated very easily with everything aligning well.
The following 2 users liked this post by huntpsu1:
joyof10 (07-05-2024), NotAGarageQueen (06-17-2024)
Old 06-20-2024, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just picked up my 24 RS6 Performance and upon leaving the lot i heard some buzz. I was like well let me get a few more miles on the car. OMG that rattle is so bad. Mine is coming from both front doors. Car is back at the dealer going on day 2 to get this resolved. I am not hopeful i am most likely going to have to fix this on my own but i am so disappointed that this is even an issue on a car at this price point. My RS3 had ZERO Rattles. HMMMM. I will update the thread if the dealer has a repair
Old 06-24-2024, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got the car back from the dealer. They pulled both front door cards off and the speaker covers. They put some felt tape all around the speaker area and teh grill and the noise has stopped. Hopefully for good.
Rizzo5150 (07-08-2024)

Quick Reply: bass and door vibrations