Audi Q6 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi Q6 e-tron SUV.

Polestar 3 Review embargo is lifted

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2024, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Polestar 3 Review embargo is lifted

I've been looking closely at the Polestar 3 and the reviews are out. Overall pretty positive. Interestingly, they claim the Q8 E-tron is the competitor and not the Q6. Maybe because the Q6 is just a mirage and doesn't exist

WhichCar🇦🇺 (8.5/10):
LinkedIn
Aftonbladet🇸🇪(4/5): LinkedIn
What Car🇬🇧 4/5): LinkedIn
Autocar🇬🇧(4/5): LinkedIn
Auto Express(4/5)🇬🇧: LinkedIn
Carsguide🇦🇺(8.3/10): LinkedIn
Drive 🇦🇺(8.1/10): LinkedIn
carsales🇦🇺(82/100): LinkedIn
Driving🇨🇦: LinkedIn
Top Gear🇬🇧: LinkedIn
SlashGear🇺🇸: LinkedIn
Allt om elbil🇸🇪: LinkedIn
Car and Driver🇺🇸: LinkedIn
Autoblog🇺🇸: LinkedIn
Ars Technica🇺🇸: LinkedIn
PistonHeads🇬🇧: LinkedIn
Stuff🇳🇿: LinkedIn
Motor Authority🇺🇸: LinkedIn
Old 07-01-2024, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I was in Seattle recently and ran into a Polestar showroom in a mall in Bellevue. The wife and I were very impressed with the Polestar 3. I'd put the size in the range of say an eTron Q8 Sportback plus/minus a few inches. Rear legroom was surprisingly significant. You don't realize how roomy it is back there until you get into the thing. The overall aesthetic is attractive, though what they had on display had a few broken parts, likely from people pawing all over it. Pricing was around $70k or so I believe and the one on display had some higher trim stuff, including orange calipers and seat belts, which I believe were part of a sport package or something along those lines. My wife hates Volvo (views it as an old folks brand because her dad pushed one way back in the day), but she agreed immediately that the P3 was a looker. If they can keep the price in that $70k or less range, it looks like a solid option. I think range was in the low-to-mid 300s depending on spec.
The following users liked this post:
Centerfield13 (07-02-2024)
Old 07-01-2024, 11:20 AM
12 year Audi owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What does this have to do with an Audi Q6 e-tron?
Old 07-01-2024, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by StuffOfInterest
What does this have to do with an Audi Q6 e-tron?
Close competitor? I suspect those 2 will be crossed-shopped a lot.
Centerfield13 (07-02-2024)
Old 07-02-2024, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

Based on my 2021 Q5e experience, I would strongly consider other brands instead of dealing with another extremely buggy car. I wonder how much has changed from the Polestar 2 to the Polestar 3 in terms of electronics/infotainment/etc. Thank you for posting the links to Polestar 3 reviews.

I have recurring errors with my Q5e's automatic headlights, lane guidance, navigation, etc....none of which the dealer can fix. A Q6 e-tron with a new-to-Audi platform seems like something I wouldn't necessarily want to trust/expect to work well in the first model year.
Old 07-04-2024, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Centerfield13
Based on my 2021 Q5e experience, I would strongly consider other brands instead of dealing with another extremely buggy car. I wonder how much has changed from the Polestar 2 to the Polestar 3 in terms of electronics/infotainment/etc. Thank you for posting the links to Polestar 3 reviews.

I have recurring errors with my Q5e's automatic headlights, lane guidance, navigation, etc....none of which the dealer can fix. A Q6 e-tron with a new-to-Audi platform seems like something I wouldn't necessarily want to trust/expect to work well in the first model year.
Volvo has been having tons of issues with their new EV software too. And there's a similar level of drama behind their EV software development like VW's Cariad fiasco that delayed the Q6. Part of the reason I'm reluctant to go all-in on EV is because almost every manufacturer seems to be starting from scratch and all hitting the same walls, with the customers being beta testers.
Centerfield13 (07-12-2024)
Old 07-04-2024, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 2019A6Owner
Volvo has been having tons of issues with their new EV software too. And there's a similar level of drama behind their EV software development like VW's Cariad fiasco that delayed the Q6. Part of the reason I'm reluctant to go all-in on EV is because almost every manufacturer seems to be starting from scratch and all hitting the same walls, with the customers being beta testers.
Very true. It killed Fisker too.