A6 allroad (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 allroad produced from 2020

Maps update problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2024, 09:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maps update problem

Hi gents. I just bought an A6 allroad (2021) and I'm trying to update maps. I downloaded the maps from the myaudi portal, uploaded a 32GB USB 2.0 key formatted to FAT32, but the update does not work for me. The car keeps saying that the update is being downloaded from the Internet, even though I disabled the download of online maps. Restarting the MMI did not help. Would it help if I reset MMI to factory settings? I did not receive a vehicle code for the car, they had to help me with the pairing to the application at the Audi dealer. If I restore the factory settings, will I have to go to Audi again to pair the car with my profile?
Old Yesterday, 02:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 194 Likes on 172 Posts

When you have downloaded the files from MyAudi you should have 2 directories and a file. These need to be at the top level (ie not in a directory) in your SD Card or USB stick. When you insert the device into he car you should get a message saying something to the effect of "update medium detected". Never got the "Downloading from the Internet". Maybe worth turning off and in car wifi etc to stop it trying to do the download. If you reset the car to factory settings it is fine as long as you have both keys and the tag that comes with the keys with the code on it you can then do the whole setup process as normal