Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Drive selection

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2024, 11:16 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drive selection

Is it normal to have selected one drive mode and see letters (showing mode of driving) unsynchronized with the selection?

As you can see I'm having S2 mode during drive selection of COMFORT or even EFFICIENCY ?!?

Is this normal?
Old Yesterday, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 350 Likes on 275 Posts

Yes, you flipped the shifter to the side, you pulled it down to force it into sport mode. Why are you surprised after doing those 2 extra steps that it's still in sport mode?
Old Yesterday, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I'm surprized because I didn't do what you suggested. I simply have selected either COMFORT or EFFICIENCY and all of a sudden, letters which should not have been shown are showing. Could it be that I've pressed the gas pedal more abruptly then normal so the system shifted itself into more sporty driving? I have definitely not shifted the selector otherwise...
Old Yesterday, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

No, you need to pull the shifter back to make it go to sport mode. Comfort/Dynamic/Efficiency are done through the drive modes on the MMI. That tailors the ride + throttle response. Sport is done through the shifter. If you look at the console, there is a D<>S on it. I suspect you bumped the shifter and it popped into that mode.
Old Yesterday, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

But if i have shifted to the right than the letters would have been M2 instead of S2. I still believe I would have known if i have shifter the selector to the right. I don’t keep my hand on the shifter at all.
Old Yesterday, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 88 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by ZlatkoCherep
But if i have shifted to the right than the letters would have been M2 instead of S2. I still believe I would have known if i have shifter the selector to the right. I don’t keep my hand on the shifter at all.
You're probably like my wife, every time she shifts into drive for some reason she doesn't watch what she's doing and pulls the shifter all the way back, then lets it bounce back into D.
The following users liked this post:
Wires (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ZlatkoCherep
No, you only get "M" if you are pushing to the right. "S" comes from from being in "D" and then pulling it back again. When in "S" if you pull the shifter back it will toggle to "D".
The following users liked this post:
ZlatkoCherep (Today)
Old Today, 01:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yes, this is it. I tried it, and it shifts between D and Sx back and forth when you pull back the shifter consecutivelly.

This was a perfect answer, and not like the guy who tried to compare me with his wife longing for some hard stuff in her hands