Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Q8 Quirks and fixes

Search this Thread

Old Today, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Q8 Quirks and fixes

Just making a thread for people to list all the quirks they have found in there Q8 and to see if anyone has fixes or solutions to these problems.

1) Why does the automatic windows stop working when you shut off the car. Scenario is you park, shut off the car, but window is open. The auto close no longer works, you have to hold the window switch.

2) I successfully found a method to wave my foot to open the trunk lid, but for some reason, it will not close with the foot command. To open the trunk, Its not a simple kick, but you have to wave your foot from left to center in a very dramatic way.
Similarly, if the trunk is open, I cannot close the trunk with the switch on the door if the car is powered off. Car must be powered on, foot on brake, before that switch on the door works. Not sure what logic is behind this.

3) Can anyone tell me why the car will randomly prompt for me to unlock MMMI by entering my pin, no matter what key I use, when I start the car?

4) Found out the hard way that you cannot turn off the hotspot if you want CarPlay to work. I dont subscribe to the MMI connect services so I thought I could toggle off the hotspot but once I did that, the CarPlay stops working.
Old Today, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 185 Likes on 150 Posts

As for number 2), it works just fine for me with a simple kick (fairly far in, though). I have the original e-tron but I assume it is no different compared to the Q8. Mine has the factory hitch so I kick to the right of the hitch in the direction of the vehicle. Works for opening and closing. Make sure not to stand too close behind the car as it will refuse to do anything otherwise.
Old Today, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 183 Likes on 147 Posts

#1--as long as no one opens a door after turning off the ignition, residual power should let you open and close windows with auto up/down functions.
#2--rear hatch button on driver door works as long as car is in park, need not press brakes. Also, can open rear hatch with power off--not sure about close.
#3--should not need to do this
#4--no experience with the hotspot.
Old Today, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by huntpsu1
#1--as long as no one opens a door after turning off the ignition, residual power should let you open and close windows with auto up/down functions.
#2--rear hatch button on driver door works as long as car is in park, need not press brakes. Also, can open rear hatch with power off--not sure about close.
#3--should not need to do this
#4--no experience with the hotspot.
residual power works but auto no longer works
Old Today, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 218 Likes on 179 Posts

#4.) Carplay works over WiFi connectivity so that facility must be avaialble to the phone for Carplay to work.