A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

A4 replacement here

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 03:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 124 Likes on 86 Posts
Default A4 replacement here

The 2025 A5 is unveiled. Mild hybrid, with 268 hp turbocharged 4, complete with 24 hp electric motor. Looks expensive.

Last edited by A4Driver; Yesterday at 04:39 AM.
Old Yesterday, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Here's Car & Driver's take:

New 2025 A5
Old Yesterday, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

It sucks not having adjustable head rests. My neck can't take this new fad of forcing your head forward.

Love that dash though!
Old Yesterday, 08:49 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 154 Likes on 109 Posts

The interior is definitely improved, although it looks like they are going away from leather and more towards cloth. At least in many of the pics I've seen. The exterior is not an improvement as far as I'm concerned. My least favorite change is the tail lights. Not a fan of the wrap around 3d look these have. And the new programmable patterns feature isn't even available in the US. I'm just not a fan of the overall exterior design and I'll likely be shopping elsewhere when it's time to replace my current S5 and A4 Allroad.
Old Yesterday, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 273 Likes on 209 Posts

So...nevermind...?

Audi Will Keep Physical Buttons And Dials In Future Models’ Interiors

Despite the prevalence of touchscreens, Audi knows the importance of physical controls

Audi says its future vehicles will continue to feature some physical buttons, switches, and dials, despite many other car manufacturers going all-in on touchscreens.While speaking during the recent virtual unveiling of the Grandsphere concept, Audi interior designer Maksymilian Nawka confirmed that the automaker will look to its past when designing the interiors of forthcoming models, Drive reports.

“A clear yes to this, because when you look into the future, you always have to look back, to double-check or just find what was really good in the past,” Nawka said. “Audi was – and still is, but was maybe more so in the past – known for this joy of use, the haptic sensation when you push and toggle buttons. This is exactly what we wanted to bring back in the car, but combining it with the touch-less [gesture control] interaction with the car. We believe… this is like an expensive watch, which you can really use often, and even show off to your friends. For sure we will have [physical controls in the future], yeah.”
https://www.drive.com.au/news/audi-c...-touchscreens/
Old Yesterday, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like some significant changes in the drive train, too bad there doesn't seem to be much detail yet. S5 looks to be getting a dual clutch - presumably a modified DL382 for increased torque? And the A5 appears to be getting a variable turbo, but it's not clear whether that's just for the low-output engines or not. Annoyingly, some news outlets have conflicting information. Car And Driver indicates that the S5 will come with a twin-turbo V6, but Audi's own press kit (which seems only targeted towards Europe at this time) indicates a single, variable turbo for the S5 as well. Arstechnica seems to indicate the use of a variable turbo on the S5 as well. Cool to see that the S5 goes back to a DCT.

Some cool tech, but I think my '17 A4 is going to stick around for a while longer.
Old Yesterday, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Not crazy about the glossy piano-black plastic on the console and other areas you touch. Will be covered in fingerprints in no time.

Not liking the lack of a slide- and tilt-sunroof to let hot air out of the car, touch-sensitive buttons and completely superfluous screen in front of the passenger.

I do like the modified hatchback.
Old Yesterday, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by PghRich
So...nevermind...?
The interior design was mostly finalized a while ago, maybe 2022 or earlier; back when Audi design made it known they wanted to remove all buttons from car interiors for "aesthetics" (probably not the real reason).

Interestingly, the Q6 and now new A5 were likely designed in a similar timeframe; and the Q6 gets buttons. I would wager the Q6 got a higher development budget, but oddly the B10 wasn't awarded the ability to share the ROI on new parts such as the HVAC cluster.

EU regulations now intend to remove safety points for vehicles where there is a lack of buttons. Maybe the facelift will get a new interior.

Last edited by FrenchToast; Yesterday at 01:33 PM.