Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Four year review of the Carlinkit for the B9

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,254 Likes on 774 Posts
Default Four year review of the Carlinkit for the B9

Fours years in with Carlinkit Version 2 have been phenomenal. Not one failure to connect and zero disconnects, it just works all the time, every time. If you are planning on getting an older B9 Audi without wireless audio (the B9 cars did not have wireless, just wired) this unit WILL NOT disappoint, Probably the best mod or addition I made to the car. Easy to hide in the center console and works great with the iPhone.

Last edited by synergize; Yesterday at 04:11 PM.
Old Today, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by synergize
Fours years in with Carlinkit Version 2 have been phenomenal. Not one failure to connect and zero disconnects, it just works all the time, every time. If you are planning on getting an older B9 Audi without wireless audio (the B9 cars did not have wireless, just wired) this unit WILL NOT disappoint, Probably the best mod or addition I made to the car. Easy to hide in the center console and works great with the iPhone.

I have had mine for about two years. It works very well when it comes to connecting and staying connected. I have experienced a few issues with the screen freezing which requires me to reboot by unplugging the Carlink. Also, things get really wonky when I use the USB port on the Carlink to charge my phone, so I just don't do that anymore. Not sure if the issues are ios / iPhone or Carlink related but the connivence of having wireless CarPlay when I get in the car far outweighs these infrequent problems.
The following users liked this post:
synergize (Today)
Old Today, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 250 Likes on 163 Posts

I have the same one and works as you described. I also have the same console tray you have and stuck the Carlinkit to the underside of the tray with double sided tape. It’s out of sight and have full use of the tray.
The following 2 users liked this post by NJS5:
Nikon1 (Today), synergize (Today)
Old Today, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,254 Likes on 774 Posts

Originally Posted by NJS5
I have the same one and works as you described. I also have the same console tray you have and stuck the Carlinkit to the underside of the tray with double sided tape. It’s out of sight and have full use of the tray.

That's a great idea placing the Carlinkit under the tray, going to move mine, thanks for the tip!
Old Today, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 250 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by synergize
That's a great idea placing the Carlinkit under the tray, going to move mine, thanks for the tip!
👍🏻
Old Today, 09:08 AM
bpd
AudiWorld Member

Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

Great price on Prime day for this item and today is the last day. I had one for 2 yrs and overall it does work great......every once in a while when it freezes up, just reboot as mentioned above.
The following users liked this post:
synergize (Today)