Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Q6 eSelf study program

Search this Thread

Old Today, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Q6 eSelf study program

Years ago, there was an eSelf study guide on the NHTSA website for the OG e-tron: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...55750-9999.pdf
That has lots of good info, and I was wondering if anyone knows if a similar document exists for the Q6 e-tron. I'm curious to find out if the Q6 still has the 'aspirational' rotor cooling system that has proven problematic for our e-trons. I'd also like to know if the cooling system is able to utilize waste heat from the battery to warm the cabin. I seem to remember reading somewhere that at least the related electric Macan does not support this, with a hit on cold weather range.
Old Today, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by yousufferbutwhy
Years ago, there was an eSelf study guide on the NHTSA website for the OG e-tron: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...55750-9999.pdf
That has lots of good info, and I was wondering if anyone knows if a similar document exists for the Q6 e-tron. I'm curious to find out if the Q6 still has the 'aspirational' rotor cooling system that has proven problematic for our e-trons. I'd also like to know if the cooling system is able to utilize waste heat from the battery to warm the cabin. I seem to remember reading somewhere that at least the related electric Macan does not support this, with a hit on cold weather range.
Out of spec has a video with the lead engineer on the PPE. They certainly talk about the waste heat being used in the cabin. They absolutely do.
The following users liked this post:
yousufferbutwhy (Today)
Old Today, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 557 Likes on 413 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryanthegreat1
Out of spec has a video with the lead engineer on the PPE. They certainly talk about the waste heat being used in the cabin. They absolutely do.
Well, the PPE may have the capability, but whether or not it is made use of is another thing.