Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 2018 model year and up

Ambient lighting too dim

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:19 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ambient lighting too dim

Just bought a 2019 RS5, with the prestige package that has the ambient lighting package. The current settings are individual, with all brightness set to max and color set to red. For some reason, it's super dim compared to other member's interior pictures. I had a 2017 S5 and feel like it definitely had brighter lighting. Anyone have had this issue before and was able to solve it?

When I open the door and shut off the engine, the car's default white exit lighting on the door is at least twice as bright as my ambient lights even though mine is set to max brightness.
Old Today, 02:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by NattyDread
Just bought a 2019 RS5, with the prestige package that has the ambient lighting package. The current settings are individual, with all brightness set to max and color set to red. For some reason, it's super dim compared to other member's interior pictures. I had a 2017 S5 and feel like it definitely had brighter lighting. Anyone have had this issue before and was able to solve it?

When I open the door and shut off the engine, the car's default white exit lighting on the door is at least twice as bright as my ambient lights even though mine is set to max brightness.

Try adjusting the **** next to your headlight control. I've noticed when you dim the dash lights it also dims the ambient lighting too. But to make it more confusing you can adjust the ambient lighting in the MMI system. So fiddle with it and see if it makes a difference. Personally I like it all dimmed out.
Old Today, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by canonac
Try adjusting the **** next to your headlight control. I've noticed when you dim the dash lights it also dims the ambient lighting too. But to make it more confusing you can adjust the ambient lighting in the MMI system. So fiddle with it and see if it makes a difference. Personally I like it all dimmed out.
Damn. Okay so how many ways are there to adjust the lighting brightness? One next to headlight control and one in the ambient lighting menu?

i read somewhere that there is a control in MMI that will control the overall brightness of the lights (instead of 3 separate categories of footwell, surface, line). Any idea where that is?