Anyone use Auto Glass 1 in Glendale for windshield replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use Auto Glass 1 in Glendale for windshield replacement?

I was referred to them by the local dealer for windshield replacement and when I talked to them, they seemed to be experienced w/ Audi's and were able to give good info about the different options available. Just wondering if anyone had more input on their work because I did see that some people had issues when they had the windshield replaced by a dealer recommended company. The stock glass on my car is from Sigla and they have PPG & Sekurit (which, according to them is the sister company to Sigla). $200 more for the Sekurit. Weird thing is the supposed OEM glass from Audi is cheaper then the Sekurit but it's been discussed here that audi doesn't always get the right glass for this car either. Lots of contradicting info in the archives so I'm just wondering what people who've replaced their windshield before would suggest in this case.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Anyone use Auto Glass 1 in Glendale for windshield replacement?

My boss had to replace the glass in his A8. The dealer was cheaper then the glass companies he called. He was very happy with the dealer's installation. He either went to a dealer in Newport Beach or the Auto Mall in Santa Ana. I'm not sure which.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default that's funny because it seems like the dealer glass is a little cheaper then the sekurit glass and

I've read here that some people were quoted at over $500 for oem glass, which is more then any of the glass I was quoted for. From what I can tell, audi has switched the actual part that they consider oem from what is actual oem for this model. I'm not sure but my guess is that either one will probably work fine but i've at least been able to confirm the sekurit glass is actually closer to or exactly the same (other then the logo) as my stock glass. If no one had any work from Auto Glass 1 that can rate their service, I guess I'll be the first and I'll respond when it's done.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default UPDATE: Just got my windshield replaced this morning...Excellent work by Auto Glass 1

I ended up w/ the Sekurit glass which they were very helpful in figuring that this would be the closest to my stock glass. The Sekurit Glass was $400, and the supposed OEM glass from Audi would've been ~$230. Makes me think Audi has changed who they go to for glass recently to a cheaper manufacturer because others have been quoted over $500 for OEM glass from Audi in the past. Anyway, I'm very happy with what I got and the tech finished in under 30 mins. I called other places like All Star Glass and Safelight but the people I talked to were not as knowledgeable and willing to make sure I got exactly what I wanted as Auto Glass 1 was. They just wanted me to get the cheap glass that they had listed as the replacement and when I asked questions about it, they seemed annoyed and had no answers. All Star 1 answered all my questions and gave me several options in the end. Sorry for writing so much but my experience with Auto Glass 1 was top notch from the 1st call to the finished work so I highly recommend them for anyone needing glass service, especially after reading some of the horror stories people have gone through.