Good Reasonable Priced Audi Mechanic in Santa Monica Area?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default it just came to me that jose's nickname is

el diablo
Old 04-16-2008, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Better NOT ask for your favorite mechanic...

Jose personally told four current customers to take a hike this past Saturday.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:56 AM

Default Care to elaborate? I'm not "nutswinging"......

not a regular customer... been a while since I've had work done there .... but I do visit him here and there. Obviously everyone can not be satsified, but it's hard for to to believe Jose is in the wrong. Seriously shocked by your staement w/out details that I will visit today just to get the other story.

I know he is a huge hit on AZ too. I can only recall one incident where someone hated Jose with a passion a long time ago. It regarded some crap about someone taking a pic of someone elses car.

I wouldn't be surprised if you get flamed for. this.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default LOL, he was probably insulted that anyone would think any of his mechanics were sub-par.

They're probably just to swamped to deal with nonsense...
Old 04-17-2008, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default No problem... this forum has been very helpful to me and was the

reason why I chose to go there in the first place. Obviously, he has a strong following and this is very evident when you go to the shop.

The mechanic that worked on my car since last year was originally assigned by Jose, not of my choosing, and it was fine with me. I usually like to get to know the mechanic that works on my car and this worked out fine. This past weekend, I had the car there for some more work and requested the same mechanic but at the end, Jose told me that I need to find a new mechanic as they will no longer work on my car. Wow, what a surprise as there had been zero disagreements on anything since day one. I asked why and he told me that he doesn't like to be told how to run his shop and will assign which ever mechanic and will no longer take requests. I told him that I never knew this and if he had told me, I would have been OK with it. This certainly could have been handled in a more diplomatic way but hey, I'm not the boss. I was also told three other customers before me that day were advised the same thing.

Anyway, it's all good. As they say... YMMV. Cheers.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default He's just trying to run his shop, he's done nothing but bend over backwards for people for years..

You may have also caught him on a bad day. But then again he's dealing with pain in the *** OCD Audi obsessed people that nit pick over the smallest non-issues time and time again. (not saying you're one of those people)
Old 04-19-2008, 08:09 PM

Default 2 cars NOT 4 ( 1 audi and 1 BMW). thanks for taking time to respond...

Spoke to Jose. He didn't really care for this to be spat on the internet so I will respect his wishes, which I thinks speak volumes for his character, esp when someone slams him and his shop. His perception of what transpired is diff than yours. But hey, that's how it always is right? his side, your side and the truth. Obviously I don't know you so I will take your word this is how you perceive what happened. Though it sounds as if you were the polite understanding customer that got thrown out for some trivial reason. My unobjective assessment I would have done the same as Jose. Anyways this is all moot.

I will say Jose is DAMN ok in my book. It's been 2+ yrs since he did repairs on my car. And I flaked on my last appt with him way back in the day. His customers all know how busy he is, runnning a tight ship. Yet, he took the time to expalin to me, a non customer, what happened that day. FOR ANY POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS that may read this, you should check him out. His EXPERIENCE, CUSTOMER SERVICE and INTEGRITY is unparalleled (SP?). The fact he does no martketing/ advertising yet continues to be booked should be enough convincing. Anyways this is not a shameless nutswinging plug. He is busy as is. I might be wrong but I believe new customers may need a current client referral. Check him out.

Flybywire- hope all is sorted out with your car. Cheers
Old 04-19-2008, 08:53 PM

Default FWIW,I believe Saturdays are by appt only and have been for a good while. With that said...

I share the same sentiments for Jose as ChixDiggIt below. I am surprised to hear about your experience, especially since he has gone far beyond ordinary expectations with me and I have witnessed him do the same for others (e.g., stopping to help people with quick fixes without charging even!).
Old 04-19-2008, 11:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

you wintnessed this?
Old 04-20-2008, 10:23 PM
Former Vendor

Default you don't like us anymore ? :p

Jose is a good man, We all have our bad days but the man loves his customers.

Quick Reply: Good Reasonable Priced Audi Mechanic in Santa Monica Area?