Great experience at Audi Downtown L.A.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 09:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great experience at Audi Downtown L.A.

I've had good experiences at Sta. Monica Audi and exceptional experiences at Rusnak Pasadena. Since Audi of Downtown LA is only 2 miles from the job and they're a big sponsor of SCCAudi and they just moved to a new site, I thought I'd give them a try to fix a few minor things that I've put off for a while.

I made an appointment online and brought the car days later. I was greeted by SA Valentin Rautescu. I gave him pertinent personal information and my laundry list that consisted of the dreaded burning oil smell and leaks, a broken cupholder, fading cluster and "thud" under hard acceleration. Valentin was very friendly, very professional, had a great attitude and more importantly, in my book, a "no questions asked" attitude. He explained the remaining steps and a shuttle was waiting to take me back to work.

Two and a half hours later at 2:30 and much to my surprise, Valentin calls me to inform me what they found which was; leaking valve gaskets and a broken cup holder bracket. They were still trying to determine the cause of the "thud." He informed me that the car would be ready by noon the next day.

They inspected all the engine mounts and found that they were ok. They inspected the suspension and tightened everything related to the suspension. That resolved the "thud" under hard acceleration. They ordered a new cluster. They replaced both valve cover gaskets and the cupholder under the armrest. The car was delivered clean.

Total costs: $50 deductible under Audi Assured. IMO, the cupholder should have been wear and tear and not covered.

All in all, a great experience from SCCAudi's new and premiere sponsor.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:45 PM

Default Valentin's a nice guy, but here's my neg experience (long)

at DT Audi. This occurred back in 05/05 when they were located at the other site. Keep in mind my car is out of warranty.

I bring the car in to have the crankcase breather lines replaced. I specifically ask if the part is in and he says yes. After having my car all day he tells me when they pulled the part from inventory that it was the wrong part.Alright benefit of the doubt, BUT TO HAVE MY CAR ALL DAY?They did find something else that needed to be replaced, auxillary water pump + a few minor things. Well the bill would come out to $800+, but if I do it at the same time I'll save on labor, $500+ dollars.

Ok I bring the car in a few days later. Apparently he forgot the quote he gave me cause he tells me he's gonna knock off $100 from the $800? He naturally backpedaled when I busted out the original estimate.

When I pick the car up I present a coupon for $75 off if I spend over $500. Well he tells me he's already giving me such a great deal and I'll have to use it next time. I don't have anything against Valentin, like I said he's a nice guy and that's his job, but F DTLA.

On top of that the guy that moves the car into the garage could not start my car. He had to ask me what was wrong. I realized he had VW key.
I could go on.

Anyways, they do have a nice place now. And best wishes for Valentin and the dealership
Old 04-13-2006, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I can only hope my next visit is as good as my first. I have to say Rusnak Pasadena is consistent.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:31 AM

Default I had worst experience with Rusnak Pasadena and

I will never go back there again. I like downtown audi tho. I been going back to DTLA for few times for my car problem and found out Valentin is a lot nicer and take care of your car better than so call #1 service guy in Rusnak Pasadena.