Ingolstadt West - Thumbs Up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ingolstadt West - Thumbs Up!!!

Just wanted to report on a positive experience at Ingolstadt West this week. I went in for an oil change at 30,000 miles, and it was nothing but fantastic service. I was greeted by Christian and Ian, and Danica even shuttled me to work while my car was being worked on! The price was great, and I will definitely be coming back.

The only thing they forgot to give me was an Ingolstadt West license plate frame!
Old 12-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Ingolstadt West - Thumbs Up!!!

Think you gota spend over $100 to get the frame. The new people/store is goin take some time to get use to for me, no more Michael is a shame...
Old 12-13-2007, 06:42 AM

Default Eeek! Really?

Those frames cost us 52 cents each when I ordered them. You don't really have to spend $100 to get one now, do you?

In all fairness, I left to pursue ventures of my own shortly after Ian and Cristian took the helm, and considering that they came from the dealer which probably has the worst reputation in the area in terms of customer service, and they had never been in business for themselves prior to about eight months ago, they're learning fast, and I'm guessing they'll do quite well.

When I became involved there full time, I had the benefit of many years experience here, and an opportunity to work side by side with Mike Rooney, who had eighteen years of experience "on his own" after leaving an Audi dealer with the best customer service in the Western US...

Mechanically, I'd guess that Ian and Cristian do service work that is solid. The other stuff comes with time.

I agree... the place has changed... and the old crew are missed, but I do think some change is good.

-Michael
Old 12-13-2007, 07:35 AM

Default Didn't realize it was a different crew

But at the basic level, the prices were good, everyone was friendly, and I got a shuttle ride to where I needed to be while my car was worked on.

Their office manager was new also, and she seems to have done a good job getting their filing and such in order!
Old 12-13-2007, 08:52 AM

Default Yes.. She has...

She is an office manager with a background as such. My job was fourfold... I was the Performance Enhancements person, as nobody else there knows or knew as much as I do about performance, and what components work well together, or where to get them, I managed the office, and the shop when Dr. Rooney was upstate, (90% of the time), and wrote service orders and juggled cars.

Danica's good... and she has the luxury of being "just the office manager".

Anyway... It sounds like things are going well, and I still live 'round the corner. The lot is well populated...
Old 12-13-2007, 02:31 PM

Still 90/hr?
Old 12-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Former Vendor

good to hear ... I heard that place took a **** ;p i was wondering why I had so much business .
Old 12-13-2007, 04:49 PM

It was $87.52 for some reason, when I left.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:21 AM

Default I haven't heard all too many positive things about these AAS guys. Were do us modded 1.8T guys go.

Does WMS deal with 1.8s? I had heard they were 2.7 only guys.

I trusted the old IW guys but I hear some shaddy things about these AAS guys. Is it true they came from Keyes Van Nuys?
Old 12-14-2007, 11:47 AM

Default The change may not be all that bad (..but I went to E&C)

Fernando at E&C has been best, especially given our 2 cars ('95 golf and '01 A4 1.8 quat). I wanted a place that would be happy to work on both, and not have to pay ~90hr to work on a 2.0 golf (or even regular maintanence on a 1.8 A4, for that matter).

Mike at Wicked was/is great too... I'd go there if I had $ to spend on mods. (just seemed a little busy with all the nice B5 S4s)

But in all fairness: Ian at IW seemed pretty cool.. I just got frustrated because of contradicting issues I have had with IW in the past year. (if I had known there was all this re-structuring, i'd likely would have been more patient). But their prices were pretty crazy and inconsistant (at least a few weeks ago)... I had to walk

Quick Reply: Ingolstadt West - Thumbs Up!!!