Ingolstadt West - Thumbs Up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just started dealing with Ian...

Just started dealing with Ian and my experience has been good. He reflashed my 03 1.8T and installed injectors and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! Sold on APR!!! He also just changed my oil with Motul E-Tech 8100 ester synthetic and that alone made a huge difference in the car. I am one month new into the ownership of my car and I do have expectations when I shop for a tuner. Ian didn't charge any labor when reflashing my car. Cool!
Old 12-14-2007, 11:55 AM

one more thing...wish there was someone good in Bakersfield
Old 12-14-2007, 11:59 AM

She is not only a VW freak but also a drummer for her all girl band
Old 12-14-2007, 02:15 PM

Default Uhhh... She has a stock Jetta. She was an AAS repair customer...

...and doesn't know anything about anything, mechanically or performancewise, unless she's done a whole lot of learning in the last six weeks... which would be cool.

On the otherhand, that's not her job. IW has needed a dedicated office manager for at least the five or six years since I became involved there. Now they have one, which is good news any way you cut it.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Stage I to Stage I+ reflashes are supposed to be free at all APR dealers...

Kudos to IW for sticking to that. $550 installed for the injectors was the standard.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:01 PM

I did the stage 1+ from the start. I figured to do it all at once for time sake, 1K was total
Old 12-14-2007, 10:06 PM
Former Vendor

Default Thanks for the kind words .. we also do repairs and work on 1.8/2.0/4.2s etc : ) hope E&C used

oe parts on your car ! They use the cheapest/poor quality parts on the market
"like the shop in Canoga"

We use all OEM parts from Audi at great prices .

G-luck
Old 12-14-2007, 10:08 PM
Former Vendor

Default we do over 20-30 1.8s per week : ) yes we are 2.7 GODs in LA area but

we also have other models covered .

feel free to call us if you have any questions.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:05 AM

Default Cool... I+ is a kick! Reflashes are always free... Curious though...

If you went straight from stock to Stage I+ why did you require a reflash? The 2.0t FSI motors have had a few dealer campaign issues that have required reflashes following dealer visits, but there have been no such issues with the 1.8t motors.

At IW, my policy was there would be no labor charge associated with initial flashing or reflashing. It's good to know that they're keeping that spirit. I know that some dealers charge $40 or so, for labor despite the fact that the hood doesn't even need opening.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Yes.. She has...

Ya, ive noticed the lack of customer service. The girl in the front, you can tell doesnt really know a lot about cars, but shes not their for that. If they hired someone that knew about cars, it would be a major plus. For me, its going to take some time to get used to the new people, i used to go in their and got greeted, now they ask why im in their. I went there at 3:40 for a 3:30 oil change, yet when i walked in, i was greeted with "are you the person who wants the apr reflash?" To me know, IW seems like a place that wants your money more then wants to help you.
I visited Penske Audi of West Covina today, wow. I was impressed at the least, everything based around them was for the BEST customer service and the service area, wow, had to be one of the cleanest.
I wont stop going to IW just because of this, yet now i will have to do more research just to make sure something bad wont happen.

Quick Reply: Ingolstadt West - Thumbs Up!!!