Keyes Audi of Van Nuys

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Actually no...

I told you that had I been through what you just had with Auto Gallery, you might as well get ****ed over at Keyes, since it's at least geographically convenient.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

oh yeah... thats right. Well carry on.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default What ever man....

I'm not some normal LA stuck up jack ***.
I give everyone a chance.

I'm not going to even waste my time by typing out my experiences there, but I'll give anyone a 2nd chance.
When I get f*cked for the 5th time, I'm done.

Just plain incompetance is inexcusable.

I talked to them as people....incompetant people.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default OK, let the anger out. It's the first step to healing.

I've had the exact opposite experiences with Keyes although I've only had Monty as a Service Advisor once. My last time the car needed some additional brake work along with getting the antenna amplifier replaced. I got a brand new 2004 A4 for a loaner. I'm sure somewhere in my customer file there are notes that I write letters (managers, owner, etc.), have a special (friendly) note or two from Audi, and have given both Service Advisors and Technicians food certificates (Pizza, Subway, McDonalds, etc.).

Sure sometimes you get lucky or unlucky and there's nothing you can do about it except play the cards you're dealt. But Monty doesn't make the decisions there. For all you know the SM you went whining too stuck it to both you and Monty. At least Monty took it like a man and kept his mouth shut. Considering how you probably treated him (you're lead in to the reply here is a great clue on how you respond to situations) I seriously doubt he was going to take a bullet for you.

Hey, maybe I'm the SOB that was put ahead of you?

Tough.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Yeah, whatever, Karma's a bitch, isn't it.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:07 AM

Default How wrong you are...

My profession is that of someone who deftly handles "situations". My professional expertise has never been questioned. I'll give you the fact that you and I don't know oneanother...

Do you go through life placating those who don't deserve placation? You'll never get to the top that way, but you might very well think you have.

Does it make you proud that you've garnered such respect that people expect cookies from you before doing the job they ought to be doing anyway? There are seals at Sea World doing that.

-M

Sorry... yesterday was a little bit of a ride. It was one of those that makes you say exactly what you're thinking, to all who are within your circle. You're probably an alright fellow, but you can't go through life as a trained seal, can you?
Old 08-21-2005, 09:00 AM
Former Vendor

YAWN !
Old 08-21-2005, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default So you're afraid of being a "frier"?

A "frier" is slang Israeli for someone who gets taken advantage of. It's like the worst thing someone can do to you in that culture. On the other hand you want an example of someone who "placates" then see Hotel Rwanda. The contrast is between people who can feel so entitled it's a justification for extreme examples of rudeness and a man who knows if he doesn't placate the people around him he's on the street or dead.

Somewhere in between we have Audi dealerships and Audi service customers.

I talked about treating people decently and setting up the situation so you get the best response from the people you want to motivate in your favor. Where the hell do you come off calling that "placating?"

The man in Hotel Rwanda was deft. John Travolta in Be Cool was deft. You rebel at giving service techs "cookies" because they should just do the job they're paid for? And you call yourself deft?

Wrong.

And, yes, I don't know you but from this I'd have to say you're in the wrong profession then too. You don't have the personality - unless you're a sniper and being deft is ending "situations" abruptly.

Your foundational concept of getting ahead is equivalent to: "Employees are the rungs on the ladder of success... don't hesitate to step on them." You've extended the concept.

Just because you train seals, doesn't make you one. And treating subordinates or service people that "don't deserve placation" with respect and additional consideration doesn't make you a weak sucker. Or do you reserve "placation" for your superiors or clients who "deserve" it?

You need to spend part of your life living in another culture so you can appreciate the differences between placating, training seals, and just being polite and decent.

In my "circle" my totem animal is Otter. You ever try to train an otter?
Old 08-21-2005, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You do custom work as an independent - different category completely.

Unless you're saying people treat you the same way and you've been there done that.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:48 PM

Default do you own shares in Keyes audi. calm down.

Everyone knows keyes=crap.
I have had good experinces and bad experinces there. Just the last time i was there i made an appointment to get my rear brake light replaced. I was told it would take 1/2 hour when i made my APPOINTMENT.
2 hours later.................and me watching the tech NOT work on my car.......

I said something and it was done in 5 mins.

calm down.

p.s. even AOA knows keyes sucks and thats a FACT.

Good for you, you got good service. keep going there. NO ONE CARES except for you.

p.s. I HATE WMS! SIMMPLY SUCKS! No customer service there what-so-ever! I didn't see one bikini clad blonde hooker serving ice cold beers. i kid.........

Quick Reply: Keyes Audi of Van Nuys