Rusnak Westlake, loose Q5 sale, erroneous info given!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rusnak Westlake, loose Q5 sale, erroneous info given!

Tried very hard to buy a Q5 from my local dealership, Rusnak Westlake Village. An easy deal for them, no trade, no financing, a cash deal. We started looking for a 2010 Q5, in a light color, white, silver, or quartz grey, with a light interior, either Platinum, or Cardomon Beige. Rusnak said nothing available other than black interior, thats final. Just to validate this info, I called Audi of Santa Monica, within 20 minutes they located a 2010 Q5, Silver over Platinum interior, at a very good price. I returned the following day to Rusnak, and told them that there was a car out there, Silver over Platinum, and they got on the computer, and said "Oh how did we miss that one, yes we can get that car for you". I said that I would buy the car at $500 less than Audi Santa Monica quoted. They couldn't do it, We started to leave, and then they claimed they could do it. We became suspect of their business ethics, and said we would decide overnight, and be back the following afternoon.
Returned the following afternoon, and said we opted not to buy the 2010, but would like to buy a 2011 Q5 with the 2.0 turbo, in either White over Cardomon Beige, or Quartz Gray over Platinum. Rusnak Westlake said there was nothing in the pipeline, and we would have to order one and wait, we said we had a hard time believing that, and they said they would make another phone inquiry the following morning and get back to us. The following morning came, and no phone call, therfore, I called Santa Monica Audi, spoke to the same salesperson that responded so quickly on the 2010, and he said he would check, and within 20 minutes, he located both cars for me equipped the way we desired. Told me the cars were out of the area, but they could have either one of them there tomorrow, for a $500 Credit Card deposit over the phone.....he told me the price which was almost the same as the 2010 model, and we consummated a deal over the phone. Visited Santa Monica Audi the following day to validate the attributes of the car they brought in, and everything was as represented....a very satisfactory clean deal. My hat is off to Mr. Brian Adelman of Santa Monica Audi, a person with integrity, and great follow-up.

Rusnak doesn't get it! A good basic course in Sales 101, and not trying to cram down a customers throat, only what they have in inventory would be a better way to create a buyer, after all what is sales all about??
Old 09-19-2010, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry about your trouble with TO Audi.
Congratulation on your new Q5!
Don't be shame and post few pics on Q5 forum and don't forget post contact info of your SA.
Best of luck!
Old 09-20-2010, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Unfortunately it seems like the MO for car dealers everywhere is like the one described here. Their whole model is built around selling you something they have on the lot, and on the spot. Taking orders or sourcing cars from other locations is something most dealers, in my experience, are loathe to do. Kudos to the guys in Santa Monica for making it happen for you, hopefully more dealerships will become flexible like that in the future.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks to all of you for the response.....Its nice to know that others have had the same probs.

Again, could highly reccomend, for a quick, clean, aggressive and no hassle deal, to call:

Mr. Brian Adelman
Santa Monica Audi
1020 Santa Monica Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90401
Phone: 310-393-9922
Cell: 215-858-1448
bryana@santamonicaaudi.com

This young sales professional, will go to work for you promptly, and also has great knowledge and sources for Porsches.

Good driving!

GWAlbertson